Custom Map #539: map 66 HELPFUL OMNI. By: yum234

Started by AutoPost, January 14, 2017, 12:08:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Haywire

Ok, as usual I'm late to the party but having just come across this map & reading through the comments...

1) There's no need to pause this map. Ever. (Unless you need to go afk or get some snacks or such.) Sure, you can get a better time by pausing but it's not necessary.

2) It's not THAT hard. I'm not sure what stage people are struggling with but I took most of the "land area" with 9 omnis. Try nipping a little with Rock Burner. You know, divide & conquer - kinda basic strategy stuff. Then use your omnis like a racecar on the track. Be quick & smart - don't move too much too fast and land when there's danger.

3) No micromanagement necessary. Move one thing. Park it. Move another. Or move 2-3 things at a time if you want. I hate micromanaging and I'm not good at it.

4) The final corner (upper right) - yeah that's got some firepower. But so do you. And by this time you have everything gemmed up. Park at the edge of your MK7 range (put a lot of firepower at the top too) and you'll knock them down before too long. Remember that the anti-plasma blue beams target fighters too. So use them.

As for the map itself... yeah the speed 100 particles were annoying. But the strongest ships will block them fine. Park your Command Ship in the upper right corner and use a strong ship (I used cannon) to block it. Problem solved.

My main gripe in this map (besides the mistake of the super-fast particles) is the blue ships in the lower right. I don't need help in a mission, especially from an incompetent AI that doesn't know how to launch a proper attack. All that does is make it MORE difficult to attack. If that was the intended purpose then I guess that worked. My first attack failed b/c of that and I had to rebuild most of my ships. Second wave worked fine though.

Overall, I really dunno why this map got such hate. Probably a panic attack. Seriously, relaxing helps your mind form better strategies. Get some Pringles or Cheetos. YUM! Speaking of Yum, thanks for the map, yum234!  ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?