Help Installing Creeper World on another computer

Started by Dranar, October 06, 2010, 12:36:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dranar

I've bought and installed creeper world on my old computer, and now i've installed it on my new computer, which is much faster and better for playing games. I tried copying it from my old to new computer, and it says I need to run the full version first before installing a patch. I checked my email for the download link, and it says file no longer exists when I click on it.

How can I get Creeper World onto my new computer?
The Reactor - The Reactor of all Reactors

deathly_god5

You can make a copy from the old one and paste it onto your new computer, just make sure that it's completely updated before you do because if you don't then you won't be able to update on your new computer. For some reason the program understands when it's just a copy and not the original..

Dranar

That's what i've done, and since I haven't ever run the full version yet, and the one I copy has the latest patch, it says I need to run the first version first, the one you get when you first download the full version.

deathly_god5

oh bummer, I forgot you have to copy the original version over first play it at least once then you can copy over the updated version. Which means it might be too late to transfer it to your new computer.

Dranar

Could I get Virgil to send a new link to my email for me to download?

Pyxis_GeeK

I have creeper world 0346 here on my work computer I could send it to you but I need approval from Virgil that this is ok.

UpperKEES

Just send an e-mail to support@knucklecracker.com and you'll get a link when you have a valid copy.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

SPIFFEN

An sticked thread about this would be nice ,
so it's easy to find an solution for problems like this .
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

UpperKEES

Did you mean 'stickied' or 'locked'? I don't understand why sticky posts have to be locked, because more useful info could be added....

SPIFFEN

I ment sticked , sorry .
And i agree that it's very useful when more info can be posted =)
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

Pyxis_GeeK

I locked it so we could keep it from being added to at a whim. I think a stickied topic should only contain useful information and didnt want it to get diluted.

UpperKEES

Quote from: Pyxis_GeeK on October 06, 2010, 10:37:46 AM
I think a stickied topic should only contain useful information and didnt want it to get diluted.

I agree, but that actually goes for any topic (sticky or not).

Pyxis_GeeK

I agree that more information should be added. I want to keep it locked. I dont want people to ask questions there and then have responses. I know there are several threads in support that have the same question asked and answered. Most times the answer is email support. There are more difficult ones such as this topic. So with that said what do you want me to add?

UpperKEES

For instance links to similar topics for further reading. This will prevent many people from sending emails to Virgil when this isn't necessary (he has to answer them all by himself).

Another example of a locked sticky topic is the "Use search before posting" thread in the suggestions board. I would have liked explaining the difference between the normal and advanced search (which is much more useful), but this isn't possible after locking.

Quote from: Pyxis_GeeK on October 06, 2010, 10:49:10 AM
I dont want people to ask questions there and then have responses.

What's the problem with that as long as it's related to the subject? People start reading at the top anyway, so they read the initial post first.

Pyxis_GeeK

I unlocked it. I hope it stays on topic. Even I have hijacked a thread or two.... including this one ;)