Custom Map #10168: No_exit CSM 03 EPIC Boss. By: No_exit

Started by AutoPost, July 10, 2022, 08:18:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #10168: No_exit CSM 03 EPIC Boss

Author: No_exit
Size: 99x99

Desc:
Time for an EPIC one-of-a-kind CSM Boss fight :). New Help Bar and many other surprises await you, so good lu(ck). Another "Tiny Creeper" map with 10 creeper = 1 wall height. Changes: Absorbers can respawn. Doors do not lose their charge when opening. Don't be mean to the doors :). Don't forget to save from time to time.

D0m0nik

Impressive battle, I thought it was an easy map at first but then the surprises started coming!

helmetflakes

Clever stuff! as said, seemed easy until.... Then you think what the hell do I do now? Great battle back from the brink. Loved it, thanks

Qujnn

Now that was EPIC. Great fun. Great coding. Thx a lot.

wolfgoesmoo

SanchesS80

I can't finish it. There is last emiter - i can't convert it.

No_exit

Quote from: SanchesS80 on July 11, 2022, 11:11:14 AM

Edit: Good news!
I managed to reconstruct this bug and also found a solution to it, so you can still finish the map!

• Free up any absorbers/Multi Towers that aren't free yet so your Emitters base output is 55.
  • Make a "Multiplier Bomb" in the Chip Factory but don't use it yet
  • Save up Aether Points in your Forge (you'll need at least 100 but the more you get the easier it will be)
  • Save the game (to make it easier if it doesn't work on the first try or if you notice you needed more Aether as it will affect the duration of the Singularity Weapon)
  • Put the gamespeed to 100% as you'll need to be quick
  • Go to the Forge, put the Singularity Weapon on 100%. Press Fire and aim directly on the creeper Emitter.
  • Quickly put the "Multiplier Bomb" on the friendly Emitter above it to boost its output.
  • The anti creeper should pass the void and convert the last remaining Emitter.
If there is a lot of creeper there you may need to do this multiple times or have higher Aether so more Anti creeper can pass the Void.

Hope that helps :)!

Below is the old post that is no longer valid. The way to reconstruct the bug is a lot harder than I initially thought.

Oh no, I was scared of soft-locks like this and tried to avoid them all but this one slipped by :(.

But maybe it's still possible though, can you try to put a Singularity on that Emitter and put the Multiplier Bomb on the (friendly) Emitter just above it? You may still be able to complete it like this as it can possibly pull some of the anti creep over the void or wall so hopefully that works! You may need to time to well and/or make sure the singularity is long enough.

(For other people reading this that are scared to end in the same situation: always make sure you convert all Emitters before attacking the boss to avoid this.)

---

To all other people that commented here: thanks for playing my map and leaving a comment here :).

Mijavch

I have encountered the same problem.
Spoiler
The problem occurred for me when I didn't convert creeper into anticreeper around the white stargate before the third (terping) boss stage began. But.... The problem solved itself when I defeated the boss, resulting in allover creeper overflow by the boss resulting in converting the emmiter into anticreeper. Hope this helps
[close]

No_exit

Quote from: Mijavch on July 12, 2022, 12:23:47 PM

I have encountered the same problem.

Yes in most cases the problem will automatically solve itself at the very end of the map although not always. My solution above works for when it didn't solve itself and that emitter is the only creeper emitter left.

The way it determines whether it will fix itself at the end is as follows (spoiler for what happens at the end of the map, only recommended to read if you finished the map ... or if you don't care about spoilers :) )
Spoiler
When the boss dies, it pushes all the creeper and anti-creeper around it away in a wave. Although rather than pushing each block individually, it "averages" the creep/anti-creep it removes and puts that average on the edge of the explosion/wave.

So if there is a lot of anti-creep near the boss it will fix itself magically. If there is a lot of creeper near the boss then it cause the emitter to continue emitting creep, in which case you need the Singularity + Multiplier Bomb strategy I described above.

Additionally if a Singularity is active during this explosion/wave it may disrupt the explosion/wave somewhat and increase the chance of the emitter not flipping. (Although it took me 3 tries and a well-timed and well-placed Singularity + a lot of creeper on the map before I got the Emitter to keep emitting creep after the explosion.)
[close]

hbarudi

Interesting multiple CSM maps in one. Bring the game mode to CW4...

chwooly

This was a great map, Thanks for making it, Title was appropriate and the map was a blast. In the past I have not been a fan of the low creep but this map changed my mind on that. When it is used on a well thought out map it is very enjoyable.

Cheers
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

No_exit

Quote from: hbarudi on July 12, 2022, 07:55:10 PM
Interesting multiple CSM maps in one. Bring the game mode to CW4...
CSM already exists in CW4. It has some changes though and some of the things found in CW3 CSM do not exist in CW4 yet although they are making good progress :).

No_exit

Quote from: chwooly on July 14, 2022, 09:02:16 PM
This was a great map, Thanks for making it, Title was appropriate and the map was a blast. In the past I have not been a fan of the low creep but this map changed my mind on that. When it is used on a well thought out map it is very enjoyable.

Cheers

Glad you liked it and gratz on beating the boss! :)

The reason why I preferred "low creep" in the previous map and why it's absolutely necessary in this map is that an Emitter can not go past 2000. The number you see when you move your mouse over it can go above 2000, but it will only be emitting 2000. And this number can be easily reached in both this map and the previous one.

Hayden2e

Awesome map! I love the graphical effect for tower captures, and new game-mechanic twists.

I do think it was a little too long though. I love the idea of resetting the map and making me start from a different position, but doing it twice overstayed its welcome slightly IMO.

Very much looking forward to seeing more from you!

No_exit

Quote from: Hayden2e on July 16, 2022, 10:13:03 PM
Awesome map! I love the graphical effect for tower captures, and new game-mechanic twists.

I do think it was a little too long though. I love the idea of resetting the map and making me start from a different position, but doing it twice overstayed its welcome slightly IMO.

Very much looking forward to seeing more from you!

This is exactly what I thought the strengths and weaknesses of this map were when I finished making it, so yes I agree 100% with you :D.

There is a new map I'm working on although it won't be as epic as this one. I know a lot of people like the epicness in this map but keep in mind it took 6 months to make this map and I also need some time to come up with new ideas that are worthy of the name "EPIC Boss 2" before I start to make a sequel :D.

Thanks for taking your time to comment here :)