Started by AutoPost, February 20, 2012, 08:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #874: The Stand Off

Author: mem

Desc:

DethbyIT

Hi mem,
I really enjoyed your first map, but was surprised by the 'Hidden Creeper' entombed in some undiggable terrain in this one.
Was that part of the design? We've had some maps submitted where this was done by accident.
I really enjoyed playing this game (I like 'Room' types of games) - right up until I finished off that last Emitter and then discovered the Hidden Creeper.

Anyway, thanks for submitting another game for us to play. Without people like you, the rest of us wouldn't have nearly so much fun.
dbit

Kithros

I can't imagine how it could be unintentional - the cases where it's unintentional usually you have a way of accidentally dealing with, but the density is too high to not be noticed, considering someone put a score on it before it was submitted. That said, regardless of if it's intentional or not, it's really stupid design, especially with such huge densities.

lich98

Well just watch for it, and you'll be fine.
I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known.
-Walt Disney
This is like deja vu all over again.
-Yogi Berra

goku90504

creeper in rock how do you deal with it?

Karsten75

Missiles (from Launchers) that explode immediately adjacent to a piece of terrain also does damage to embedded creeper next to where they explode.

mem

Hello all and thank you for your comments.
With this map it was not my intent to create the "Untouchable Creeper" problem. When I played and submitted the first score it was not there, after loading it from the web site on another computer, I found out about the problem.
Rest assured my maps in the future will be as free from error as i can possibly make them.
Thank you,
mem

lich98

Darn mapmod had a heated discussion over that we thoght it might be one, well well kno next time
I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known.
-Walt Disney
This is like deja vu all over again.
-Yogi Berra

2b3o4o

Quote from: mem on February 21, 2012, 02:59:04 PM
Hello all and thank you for your comments.
With this map it was not my intent to create the "Untouchable Creeper" problem. When I played and submitted the first score it was not there, after loading it from the web site on another computer, I found out about the problem.
Rest assured my maps in the future will be as free from error as i can possibly make them.
Thank you,
mem
Bahahahahahahahahahaha! I loled so hard on this! :D :D :D

Ebon Heart

So, mem, I have a question. Are you glad we allowed this map to go through, or would you rather have had us reject it and send you an email, so you could fix the mistake and resubmit t?
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

Karsten75

Quote from: Ebon Heart on February 21, 2012, 04:04:20 PM
So, mem, I have a question. Are you glad we allowed this map to go through, or would you rather have had us reject it and send you an email, so you could fix the mistake and resubmit t?

And then, mem, could you please look into your crystal ball and tell us whether future map makers have the same situation as you or whether they intentionally imbed creeper in solid terrain. :)

MuadDib

Is there any way to finish the map when you discover the entombed creeper after you've destroyed everything else ?? Pretty annoying.

2b3o4o

Quote from: MuadDib on February 22, 2012, 07:08:23 AM
Is there any way to finish the map when you discover the entombed creeper after you've destroyed everything else ?? Pretty annoying.
Nope, you can thank Karsten75 for that. :P

Ebon Heart

Quote from: Karsten75 on February 21, 2012, 07:05:41 PM

And then, mem, could you please look into your crystal ball and tell us whether future map makers have the same situation as you or whether they intentionally imbed creeper in solid terrain. :)
Is the sarcasm necessary? What's wrong with asking the map author what he thinks of how we handled the submission for his map?
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

mem

Ebon Heart I would have rather been rejected with a message similar to this:
"Due to an occurrence of  inaccessibility of creeper in your map we are rejecting it at this time. Please correct and resubmit. Thank you!"
This would allow the designer to correct it or if it is intended to be there, give them a chance to explain themselves.
This option however would create more of a work load for the mods in this game.
PS: This game is very well put together in my opinion.