Custom Map #472: ETF17: Iron Bars

Started by AutoPost, November 21, 2011, 04:01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #472: ETF17: Iron Bars

Author: eighttailedfox

Desc:
EightTailedFox Mission 17: Iron Bars You have landed on what was once a prison world. But the only prisoners here are creeper.

Katra

Rapid fire phantoms randomly knocking holes in my defenses before I can do anything about it is seriously annoying.
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

eighttailedfox

Quote from: Katra on November 21, 2011, 10:38:44 PM
Rapid fire phantoms randomly knocking holes in my defenses before I can do anything about it is seriously annoying.

True. You need a rather good amount of luck at the start,

DethbyIT

Spoiler
Clearing out all of the inner Shields and building Phantom Coils first will help with that. Then kill that darn gateway.
Not sure what is involved in finishing this in less than 3:00 though.
:o
[close]

Katra

Presumably someone managed to nullify all four emitters before any shields failed. I tried but the doggone phantoms kept hitting shields that were holding the creeper in.

I built phantom coils without blowing any shields, but by the time I could move them down to the gateway I'd lost certain critical shields every time.

DethbyIT

I finishing something else in my queue right now, but will post a screen shot later.

eudrick

Spoiler
Kill off non-critical shields near your nullifiers to lessen the chance of collateral damage.  DON'T kill the ones in the core of the map, the more targets the better as far as the phantoms are concerned
[close]
Never teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
Lazarus Long, Time Enough For Love, Robert A. Heinlein

Katra

The phantom hits were on the shields holding all the creeper in. Fewer targets makes that more likely I'd think.

kiskadee

spoiler: all the emitters can be taken out at once before they decay the shields. divy up your forces between the emitters ASAP. apart from the hidden creeper, and a little luck, you are done.

eighttailedfox

Quote from: kiskadee on November 23, 2011, 12:46:45 AM
spoiler: all the emitters can be taken out at once before they decay the shields. divy up your forces between the emitters ASAP. apart from the hidden creeper, and a little luck, you are done.

hidden creeper? I don't believe I know what you mean. I didn't spawn any creeper beforehand. Mind telling me where?

DethbyIT

kiskadee - which version of CW2 are you using? Some of the older versions play with diferent characteristics.

Since it only took you a minute to finish this, would you play it again and post a screen shot taken during the last few seconds?

Thanks,
dbit

(e)

Quote from: eighttailedfox on November 23, 2011, 12:52:25 AM

hidden creeper? I don't believe I know what you mean. I didn't spawn any creeper beforehand. Mind telling me where?

Hey sorry, I am just getting to this mission and commenting on this month old thread.

Spoiler
The Phantoms sometimes hit the shields over the decayable ground, destroying the shield and absorbing into the ground. This creates hidden creeper.
[close]

(e)

eighttailedfox

Quote from: (e) on January 16, 2012, 12:29:53 PM
Quote from: eighttailedfox on November 23, 2011, 12:52:25 AM

Hey sorry, I am just getting to this mission and commenting on this month old thread.

Spoiler
The Phantoms sometimes hit the shields over the decayable ground, destroying the shield and absorbing into the ground. This creates hidden creeper.
[close]

(e)

An interesting side-affect. Thanks for the info.

Ebon Heart

hmm, I never even thought about this... interesting.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

(e)

Quote from: Ebon Heart on January 16, 2012, 06:28:37 PM
[/quote]

An interesting side-affect. Thanks for the info.
[/quote]
Quote from: Ebon Heart on January 16, 2012, 06:28:37 PM

I suspect I will see it intentionally in missions in the future.

(e)