Custom Map #1869: Skyfall

Started by AutoPost, January 06, 2013, 05:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1869: Skyfall

Author: Angel

Desc:
When the sky falls.....the creeper comes down...and it kills you....cause the sky fell :)

Angel

If you beat this map...imagine it without shields and AC  ;D
All of my maps take a few things:
1. Patience.
2. Saving often/trying different things every time.
3. Knowing that the simple is always wrong.
4. Love for your great Angel who spends hours and possibly days on maps that people hate. :D

Kithros

There isn't really any reason to use anti-creeper on this map to be honest (I suppose there would be if shields didn't exist) - in theory without shields wouldn't be too too bad (albeit much slower) provided you made sure the gateway only dug one of the cells up (easily possible with use of anti-creeper to block dig packets).

With neither shields nor anti-creeper you could still nulify the gate4way after it sent out exactly one dig packet, but youd have to have built the nullifier on the  exact correct frame (but possible).

Angel

be very hard, but would take a few tries
1. Patience.
4. Love for your great Angel who spends hours and possibly days on maps that people hate. :D

tijno77

yeaaah got it :P only took me about 5 tries to figure out the beginning. after that i was done WAY before the 15 minute thing..

and i was suprised that all the creeper went up :P i had prepared for a long hard battle. lol

ps. good map! just allot of waiting. which i hate :P

ShadowDragon7015

What anti-creeper was there to use in the map? I immediately just destroyed the maker in the bottom left it was no use.
Hiding the golden creeper for years to come.

Kithros

Quote from: ShadowDragon7015 on January 06, 2013, 07:36:32 PM
What anti-creeper was there to use in the map? I immediately just destroyed the maker in the bottom left it was no use.
When you destroy the drone in the bottom twice (in a short period of time) the creeper goes above 2147M density and overflows into anti-creeper, which can be vacuumed for effectively infinite ore.

Angel

Yup, i use my own 'special way of giving you unlimited Ac :)
1. Patience.

Grease

Well, this sucks. The gateways never sent packets to destroy the X-marked ground, so... I can't do anything.

teknotiss

the top gateway sends a dig packet at 15:00 mins.
hope that helps  8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

tijno77

i can't understand why this map has bad ratings....

i'm gonna play it again :P

werebear

well i must REALLY suck at this game . I cannot figure out how to even start the thing. Use shields no energy for portal, make portal get destoyed.

Helper

Quote from: werebear on January 11, 2013, 05:41:18 AM
well i must REALLY suck at this game . I cannot figure out how to even start the thing. Use shields no energy for portal, make portal get destoyed.

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger - a lot of experienced players were stumped until Kithros figured out the start.

Spoiler
Based on his suggestions, I started by moving the LS back and forth over the center area.
Built 4 Reactors.
Built shields on the right side, then the left.
Built one Blaster on each side.
Built 3rd Blaster to start taking out the Creeper & build more Reactors.
Cleaned Creeper out of right side, then left.
After that you have plenty of time to build your infastructure and be ready to attack when the terrain wears through.
[close]

werebear

Helper

Glad to help.
I just modified that post to make my comments a "Spoiler" (not visible unless you click on the button).

Keep in mind that there is always someone around who will be glad to give some assistance. Almost all of have needed help in the past and sometimes all you need is a helping hand.