Custom Map #927: Bored to Death(PDV)

Started by AutoPost, March 06, 2012, 05:01:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #927: Bored to Death(PDV)

Author: Powerdown

Desc:
the map by UpperKEES,Bored to Death, shall lose its title.By making my first map with fields,I have exceeded his time by accident.If you feel this is an honourable defeat, give this map the 1 star it deserves.

Ebon Heart

This... is it's own category of boring. The original bored to death at least was entertaining........
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

Shimizu

Its kinda...boring.  I'm not familiar with the original however.
Meow?

Ebon Heart

Quote from: Shimizu on March 06, 2012, 05:30:46 PM
Its kinda...boring.  I'm not familiar with the original however.
It's a cw1 map by UpperKEES.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

Nate Dog

Well I was VERY bored so I did this just to get it through the map mod queue. I cut off about 236 minutes from the author's score, but still that's just ridiculous. Boring, pointless map that I'm not sure anyone else is ever going to finish. Make it interesting next time if it's going to be this long.

Fisherck

This one is quite boring. The extreme limitation of units makes it very unenjoyable. I set my score by starting it, going to school, and finishing it when I got home. This map definitely proves a point, but I wouldn't suggest making any more like this :)
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

teknotiss

saw the 3 scores
decided i have a life after all
not going to play
seems pointless but perhaps thats the point?
like modern art!
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Powerdown

Teknotiss...Correct!UpperKEES might not want to see this considering this is over 6 times as boring...

fitz

Well I don't know why so few people have played this map, or why those that did rushed it or even left it running and went to school!

This is a beautiful map and it's worth playing at a slow speed so as to enjoy using your anti-creeper to finesse the fields in a dialectic manner with (or without) shields.

This neo-minimalist work, liege to the Rothko and Mondrian legacy, makes us realise that there is so much more to this game than first appears. The author, Powerdown, makes one think of relaxing. However he has produced a piece of art that is so intense in its beauty that one cannot help but appreciate it in an pro-active manner.

I will certainly play this again, perhaps a speed run next time. Any good suggestions? Perhaps I shall try without using the dark beam.

TonyP2000

Quote from: fitz on March 09, 2012, 11:16:54 AM
Well I don't know why so few people have played this map, or why those that did rushed it or even left it running and went to school!

This is a beautiful map and it's worth playing at a slow speed so as to enjoy using your anti-creeper to finesse the fields in a dialectic manner with (or without) shields.

This neo-minimalist work, liege to the Rothko and Mondrian legacy, makes us realise that there is so much more to this game than first appears. The author, Powerdown, makes one think of relaxing. However he has produced a piece of art that is so intense in its beauty that one cannot help but appreciate it in an pro-active manner.

I will certainly play this again, perhaps a speed run next time. Any good suggestions? Perhaps I shall try without using the dark beam.

You deserve a reward...
Vote Tony!

Fisherck

Quote from: fitz on March 09, 2012, 11:16:54 AM

A speed run on this map? I would like to see that...  :)
And it might be worth pointing out that this map is impossible without the dark beam. A single maker is not going to over power that emitter (not to mention you don't have the nullifier tech). ;)
Also, I don't know why your dissing my tactic (letting it run while I go to school). I still finished the map more than 530 minutes faster then you did. ;)

EDIT: And if you were being sarcastic, your good! I don't miss sarcasm much (my friends are too good at it). ;D
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

kenny.komar

Great map . I spend at least 10hours just watching creepers slow death and building paths with shields

http://www.imagehosting.cz/images/btd.jpg

I play this map again and i made new record :) 1022 mins

(my first try 3347 mins)

Powerdown

The 7 words that came to EVERYONES mind while playing this:I wish I had a dark mirror!

Kilroyinc

Quote from: Powerdown on March 12, 2012, 12:12:58 AM
The 7 words that came to EVERYONES mind while playing this:I wish I had a dark mirror!

You have that right.  This is about as exciting as watching paint dry.  ::)

fitz

Quote from: Powerdown on March 12, 2012, 12:12:58 AM

In the same way that I wish I'd brought my oil paints when I see the Mona Lisa, I'm sure I could improve it  8)