???'s list.

Started by Ebon Heart, September 08, 2011, 08:57:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebon Heart

These are not my ideas, a person named ??? has been on the blog a lot with some ideas he wanted on the forums. However, he doesn't have a forum account, and his mom won't let him get one. So I figured I'd post them for him. (Read the blog, you'll figure out while I'm posting it)

update ideas: ivisible items (underground) ,custom music , code map cracker , creeper world redemtion auto-builder, exploding drones (self-destructs when killed and damages everything in splash radius), lazer drones (drones that attack with lazers from medium range. [--------] <——range), auto diggers (digger drones that dig super fast. average time to dig up 5 tiles is 3 seconds), nuke launcher (kills alot of creeper in the splash radius. 3 times larger than a launcher. you can only build one)

(I do like the idea of custom music, even if it may make it harder to moderate custom map submission... I could even do exploding drones, that could be fun. :D)

EDIT: I suppose this should go under suggestions...

When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

Grauniad

Quote from: Ebon Heart on September 08, 2011, 08:57:17 PM
These are not my ideas, a person named ??? has been on the blog a lot with some ideas he wanted on the forums. However, he doesn't have a forum account, and his mom won't let him get one. So I figured I'd post them for him. (Read the blog, you'll figure out while I'm posting it)

Let me take a few of them and answer.

update ideas:

invisible items (underground) - So one might have to dig up the entire map to find it?

custom music   - Not going to happen - there are too many issues with licensing and DMCA. If individual music, mute the system music and play the music player of your choice on your own computer.

code map cracker - Not sure what is intended. Many players already make fine puzzle maps.

creeper world redemtion auto-builder - Code missions?

exploding drones (self-destructs when killed and damages everything in splash radius) - Virgil implemented drones with creeper payload.

lazer[sic] drones (drones that attack with lazers from medium range  - not sure how this is different from drones that destroy objects on impact.

auto diggers (digger drones that dig super fast. average time to dig up 5 tiles is 3 seconds) - Then you may as well not have terrain where the drones will dig.

nuke launcher (kills alot of creeper in the splash radius. 3 times larger than a launcher. you can only build one) -  "super" weapons often spoil the game - think too many maps with Thor in CW1, and maps with Dark Beams in CW2.

I think our friend ??? needs to temper his enthusiasm.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon