A conveient field suggestion

Started by CobraKill, January 15, 2012, 01:40:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CobraKill

Working on a new map, I needed to create a three stage feild system. It would take a total of 1448 commands (!).

Now my suggestion is doing one or both of these things:

1. Having a repeat command. It would look like

Move
Off
Rotate
Move
On
Rotate
Repeat last 6 commands 23 times.

Its used to repeat certain sets of commands. Even a simple repeat repeat time tied with the loop checkbox similair to drones or phantoms.

2. Having a copy. So I could take my 8 commands, Select them all, and copy them 60 times using Shift + click or control + click.

And I can tell you right now, it would definitly help me in alot of my maps that I'm just to lazy to finish becuase of the crazy amount  of commands.

I'm nothing though. Someone on this froums has a map with over 20,000 feilds ans probably very much benefit from this.

My other suggestion, which I know has been suggested many times before is trrigers for feilds and tech and messges.

Example:

If: Creeper exceeds 100M
Then: Turn on feild 1
Display Message:

Even adding commands into the filds system itself

If: A-C detected
Then: Rotate feild

I'm not a coder but I think the first suggestion shouldnt be to hard to implement, but I know the second one would be harder.

Thanks for reading.
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

mthw2vc

Quote from: CobraKill on January 15, 2012, 01:40:24 PM
Working on a new map, I needed to create a three stage feild system. It would take a total of 1448 commands (!).
Only 1448? Pshaw. :P

CobraKill

Yeah we know you have like 20,000 feilds.

Quote from: CobraKill on January 15, 2012, 01:40:24 PM
I'm nothing though. Someone on this froums has a map with over 20,000 feilds ans probably very much benefit from this.

I was talking about you.
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.