Include Explanations with Thumb ratings

Started by PeterPower, January 11, 2012, 08:17:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeterPower

This is a suggestion for a future game/site update: (or a general suggestion for players)

It would actually be nice if thumbs up/down had comments attached. No identification of course, but some sort of reason would be nice. This would be especially desirable for me sonce my maps often have a 50% split. Even something as simple as "too short, too difficult, looks stupid, don't like story"... Any input is ONLY helpful to map designers. Of course not all advice can be followed and not everyone can be made happy, but if there is a reoccuring fatal flaw that can be remedied, It is helpful to know about it.

Even if the site had a list of 5 or so common choices to select, like a scroll down box when you mouse-over the thumb icon.

Fisherck

I agree that something like this would be very nice. I would like the choice to leave both my name and a comment behind when voting (neither mandatory). And while this sounds like the comments section of the map, it would be shorter, and I believe it would get a lot more use from people who don't usually comment. I agree that short phrases like "to hard" or "to much dialogue" would be helpfull, because I could potentially hear from a group that doesn't comment.
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

J

really helpful, sometimes all comments are positive while the votes are negative but I don't know why and how to improve my maps

lich98

Most negative votes are people who can't figure the map out in a couple tries. Ignore them. Speaking of this could you have to put a reason to vote negative. Optonal If you vote positive.
I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known.
-Walt Disney
This is like deja vu all over again.
-Yogi Berra

PeterPower

As time goes by, I'm more agreeing with Lich98. Often if I can't beat a map after a few tries I am much more annoyed than if I beat it and it was too easy or boring. It might be more likely thumbs-down just indicates a strong negative emotional reaction and shouldn't be taken as a defect in the map...

Another suggestion then might be a difficulty rating system -both by the mods and the players.

Fisherck

Quote from: PeterPower on January 15, 2012, 09:49:56 PM
As time goes by, I'm more agreeing with Lich98. Often if I can't beat a map after a few tries I am much more annoyed than if I beat it and it was too easy or boring. It might be more likely thumbs-down just indicates a strong negative emotional reaction and shouldn't be taken as a defect in the map...

Another suggestion then might be a difficulty rating system -both by the mods and the players.

Boy have I tried. :) Heres the thread I made for it a while back.

http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=7779

I posted about multiple rating options for difficulty. Nothing ever came of it, but maybe more support from more poeple will help. :)
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

lich98

Quote from: Fisherck on January 15, 2012, 10:14:58 PM
Quote from: PeterPower on January 15, 2012, 09:49:56 PM

Boy have I tried. :) Heres the thread I made for it a while back.

http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=7779

I posted about multiple rating options for difficulty. Nothing ever came of it, but maybe more support from more poeple will help. :)
posssibly but work has slowed on CW2 atm. Possibly a CW3 idea?
-Walt Disney
-Yogi Berra

Cavemaniac

Quote from: lich98 on January 16, 2012, 11:17:40 AM
work has slowed on CW2 atm. Possibly a CW3 idea?

I definitely think this is something to push for in CW3 - or CW2 if we've not missed the boat!

I'm personally not worried about putting a name to a comment, but I love the idea of a short 'why' you like or hated it drop-down.

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

lich98

Virgil might add it, we never know     ;)
-Walt Disney
-Yogi Berra