Main Menu

UI Bug

Started by Loren Pechtel, December 15, 2011, 08:04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loren Pechtel

Select a tech.  The confirmation message simply asks if you want to buy it--it doesn't list what you're buying.  If you misclick there's absolutely no indication until it's too late.

Also, something I would like to see:  When you have enough technytes accumulated to buy everything how about simply buying it and disposing of the now-useless domes like ore rigs vanish when they're done mining.

Grauniad

Thanks, the first issue is on the "pushed" list. The second is interesting. :)
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

SmileyCoder

While I can see the second feature being nice, I also think alot of players would be confused by this.
Best of luck with your game,
TheSmileyCoder

TheSmileyCoders YouTube channel feat. tutorials on using Treeviews in Access
I might have promised fool proof, but I never promised user proof.

Nate Dog

I actually really like the second idea! I hate when I forget about technytes and have like 5 and half a bar full and nothing to use them on. Sounds like an interesting idea for sure :)

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: SmileyCoder on December 16, 2011, 05:35:22 AM
While I can see the second feature being nice, I also think alot of players would be confused by this.

The first time I lost an ore rig it was huh? then I realized what was up.  No big deal.

SmileyCoder

Yea, I see your point. :)
Best of luck with your game,
TheSmileyCoder

TheSmileyCoders YouTube channel feat. tutorials on using Treeviews in Access
I might have promised fool proof, but I never promised user proof.

mthw2vc

All tech domes disappearing when you have enough technytes to buy everything would indeed be nice, but I wouldn't buy everything for the player- The weapon upgrades in particular have much potential to be disadvantageous if bought at the wrong time.

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: mthw2vc on January 02, 2012, 10:17:28 AM
All tech domes disappearing when you have enough technytes to buy everything would indeed be nice, but I wouldn't buy everything for the player- The weapon upgrades in particular have much potential to be disadvantageous if bought at the wrong time.

I've never seen a situation where I had enough points for everything in which I would care about not having the weapon upgrades.  It would be simple enough to omit those 6 (the speed ones won't hurt you) from auto-buying.

Grauniad

There is a big difference between destroying units that have no function (tech domes when enough technites exists; Phantom coils when no more phantoms) and actually making game changing decisions.  It is easy enough for the player to click on upgrades (s)he wants. However, it is my expectation that this will not be added to CW2. 
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Ebon Heart

There's a certain point where you just have to let the player do it for themself. Otherwise, it can ruin the game. Some metroid games come to mind, in which you actually auto target enemies... it completely ruins the First Person Shooter element of the game.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!