Unable to Re-publicize Map

Started by GameGlitch, November 04, 2016, 11:36:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GameGlitch

So, in all likelihood, this was a case of shit to the brain, but I figure I report it anyway.

I wanted to change a map that I finalized and published. Unfortunately, I wasn't sure how to go about that, and I went ahead and deleted the finalized version of the map from my mission editor. However, once I did this, I lost the ability to save and finalize the mission. If I load, none of my changes are saved anymore. I do not even get the "Saved!" or "saved and Finalized!" pop up anymore.

Here's a link to my mission editor menu: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=793696025

"Strength 3" is the one I deleted the finalized version of. I fear that I have forever botched the level at this point...

Three_Pryme

Quote from: GameGlitch on November 04, 2016, 11:36:08 PM
So, in all likelihood, this was a case of shit to the brain, but I figure I report it anyway.

I wanted to change a map that I finalized and published. Unfortunately, I wasn't sure how to go about that, and I went ahead and deleted the finalized version of the map from my mission editor. However, once I did this, I lost the ability to save and finalize the mission. If I load, none of my changes are saved anymore. I do not even get the "Saved!" or "saved and Finalized!" pop up anymore.

Here's a link to my mission editor menu: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=793696025

"Strength 3" is the one I deleted the finalized version of. I fear that I have forever botched the level at this point...

something similar happened to one of my maps i uploaded, but its not a big deal cause i didnt rake that long to make the map
Commanding officer in particle extermination

Steam ID:Three_Pryme

GameGlitch

I spent a lot of time of this one because I used it as my introduction to scripting. I think I finally got it to work thanks to a LOT of help from Goodmorning, but it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to put that to use here. I mean, I can learn from it, but I would still like to be able to use this if I can.

GoodMorning

This is a strange one...

Could you check two things:
1) The log file. If there are exceptions, that's going to help. In fact, please upload it anyway in case V can recognise something we cannot.
2) In \particlefleet\editor and \particlefleet\finalized you may see folders unexpectedly missing or present.

I haven't heard of this before.

Note: It is impossible to change a once-uploaded map, and it requires a moderator to remove one. The standard method (inherited from CW3) is to upload "Map Name V2" or (rarely) "Map Name FIXED" to the Exchange.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

knucracker

If you are saying that you simply can't finalize a map, then yeah something is way off.
Finalizing a map just attempts to create a directory and save the mission to it (after cleaning up and resetting some values in the map).  It also attempts to take a screenshot.

If for some reason it can't create the target directory, or write it to it, that would cause the problem you are describing.  That should show up in the game log, though.

GameGlitch

The editor folder has Strength 1, 2, and 3, while the finalized folder only has strength 1 and 2. That seems about right, since I deleted Strength 3.

So long as I understand what mean by log file, I've gone ahead and attached it.