Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #245: map 16

Author: yum234
Size: 384x216

Desc:
#GoodLuck

Lisimba

Good map. I like starts where it feels like I'm going to be overrun if I don't do something about it soon.

The big shield ships really get to shine here.

Spoiler
I tried to zerg the flip emitter in the center with omnis first, and I actually got it to flip, but I didn't notice the thing next to it went and flipped it right back. By then the area was full of emergent and I was getting overrun so I restarted. Could probably have worked if I had lathed both enemies in the center there.

I realized I had enough omnis to keep back the particulate assault through that pipe so I took the top left island and then the center island and built up my forces a bit. Then took the bottom left and worked my way anticlockwise. I guess that's exactly the way it was meant to go.

The top right area didn't really add much though, when I got there I had enough forces to obliterate it easily and it just felt like mopping up. Perhaps it could have been stronger, or had a trick up its sleeve?
[close]

Doug

Well that was fun! I took a slightly different approach then I think you intended which is likely why it took longer.

Spoiler
I took the open mine to the left and spammed the center flip emitter with omnis. After 2-3 waves I had secured it and destroyed the lathe next to it. I abandoned the mine and destroyed my command ship and deployed it over and over in the structure with the two large flip emitters to the bottom right. Once those were flipped securing the center island as a main base was pretty easy and I could pick targets in pretty much any order
[close]

UrMawMah

You know, in the mornings, I like to sit down, drink my coffee, read some news and play a nice relaxing game of particle fleet.

And then yum comes along.

Ruins all of my morning plans.

This map got me all worked up and excited way too early this morning.

...thanks man.

Great map!

ikx

this is an amazing and smart map. Being too slow ment the particles from the far rigth wouldnt be absorbed by the land anymore and youd be overun. this is one of the few maps that truely has a timer on it before being overrun and a difficult one at that. thanks

Spoiler

-destroy mire spawners
-destoy the nearest emitter with 1 tank lath, hq and 2 omnis, use same omnis to take top left emitter
-flip middle emitter by running in omnis
-using hq and amp gem flip the upper-bottom-rigth emitter

i accidentily suicided hq but stil managed to to these things under 3:30 mins.
stil took 17 mins because i tried to take the far rigth emitter over the wall and failed multiple times. Taking the bottom energy mine and taking it from below worked a lot better.

[close]

Doug

To be fair you could do what I did and not have a timer... a little more of a grind but it works ;)

PMouser

huh, i still cant beat this map. i tried the spoiler
Hi, I am a Bible believing christian.
I am a Youngevity distributor.

yum-forum

Quote from: PMouser on October 29, 2016, 09:16:21 PM
huh, i still cant beat this map. i tried the spoiler

Thanks for comment!  :)

Can You attach screenshot of position in game now? Or You had difficulties with start part of game?
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

chozabu

This is one of the hardest maps I've played, kept on getting swamped

Spoiler
I ended grabbing the top left island cutting the wider bit of bridge connecting my base to the central island- giving me a stable position to defend, while I went round the edge taking out the emitters
[close]

Aesis

I had a lot of trouble with the map. But after a few unsuccesful strats here's a good one that allowed me to get smoothly trough it (got me in top 10): (first spoiler full strat/walktrough, second spoiler, tip to beat the map)
Spoiler
Get the mine and 2 omnis next to it, get all omnis built and send them to the top left corner (trough the side where there is a wall so they don't die to particulate.
While sending the omnis there, get the discharger and 1 tank lathe up and running.
Capture everything in that area. While the omnis are capturing, send your HQ (or lathe with full tank) as soon as possible (with an amp gem) to the emitter on the bottom right (not the ones in the corridor, the one that isn't convertible) send your HQ trough the tunnel when there's a gap for it to pass trough. That emitter is very important since it doesn't activate until i dont know when but taking it out means you get to capture the land with ease.
Once you capture the land, everything that is on it etc, move to the emitters on the bottom left, then bottom middle, then the 2 convertibles on bottom right and you take out the rest with ease
[close]
Spoiler
kill the non convertible emitter on the bottom right before it activates
[close]

Johnny Haywire

I'd suggest sitting back and watching how things work in this map. Then restart and pick a safe place to build.

I think the key to survival in this is getting a strong foothold quickly, then advancing on the emitters asap.

Not my favorite kinda map, tbh - lots of stuff going on, and I really dislike emergent, even more than the movie.

But overall it didn't seem that frustrating. One or two initial non-ideal starts and you will probably figure out a solution.

Thanks for the map, yum! ;)
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

yum-forum

Video by particle maniac (zapfsaeule) in YouTube of my old Particle Fleet game:  :)

1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last