To many downloads?!

Started by Fisherck, November 05, 2010, 09:11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fisherck

I was scrolling down, looking at custom maps, when I saw this!

It cannot possibly be correct. I refreshed the page to make sure I was seeing it right. Artillery has 3314 downloads, while the #1 map on the toplist has 1165. And it is not even half way down the first page! Maybe an error...
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

Kamron3

Someone was messing with URLs.

UpperKEES

Looks more like messing with scripts, as we have seen for some forums topics as well, or people who for some reason want to seem online all the time....
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Kamron3

Quote from: UpperKEES on November 05, 2010, 09:51:01 PM
Looks more like messing with scripts, as we have seen for some forums topics as well, or people who for some reason want to seem online all the time....

Wonder who... (and it isn't me, btw)

corgano

It is VERY easy to write a macro to download a map. That could only be 20-60 mins of a script running!

SPIFFEN

What an lame thing to do !
I like to see how many real downloades my map has ,
and compare them to how many posted scores it has .
It gives an hint of the difficulty of the map ,
depending on who has posted an score to the map =P
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

Colin

Notice how it only has 18 scores. . .

THAT MUST BE A HARD MAP!!@!!@!!@@!@!

Or faked. Probably faked.  ;)
To fight back the Creeper all you need is. . . What? Energy.
My maps CW1 are located here try out my MIS series.

ontheworld

i could likely get a lot of downloads just spamming my middle mouse, but this!

Michionlion

it wasn't me, if your thinking that.  i havent been on here enough to do that, nor would i be so ....  i mean, i get plenty of downloads already.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Michionlion

someone should tell virgil so he can fix it.  but we shouldn't bother him...
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

UpperKEES

Some bored kid may think he's funny.  :-\
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Michionlion

- Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Michionlion

Quote from: Colin on November 13, 2010, 01:05:23 AM
Notice how it only has 18 scores. . .

THAT MUST BE A HARD MAP!!@!!@!!@@!@!

Or faked. Probably faked.  ;)

but all people don't post a score unlease they have to.  i, for one, anly download them and thenplay them off the internet. if i'm going someware
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Kharnellius

I think the more important question about that screenshot is:

Why do you have a Google AND Bing toolbar installed when neither is even needed since you already have the Google search box built in at the upper right corner of the screen?

Holy lack of vertical space Batman!!!

(I'm so anal about it, I even moved my start menu bar to the left side of the screen, lol.
This is my 11" Screen at 1280x768)

Echo51

11"? just get a bigger screen man :P
Join the chat! :D
- The only echo present here...