Have problem with BETA 1.13. Where to post?

Started by Nephthys, December 10, 2013, 11:55:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephthys

I had to start all over from Day One of Arc Eternal. I am at my sister's due to an ice storm power outage & had my key, but not the game, so on advice from G. (thx!) I downloaded the BETA version & began playing.

It doesn't seem to always save that I have completed a map. It does not show 3/5 for example, but 0/0 where 3/5 is correct. Plus, when I went back into completed JOJO in the NAVOX system & then left, it let me submit a perfect score & a time of 0.00.00. So if you went right now (12/10/13 10:24am CST USA) you'll see Nephthys with the top score of 0.00 on that map.  8)  A lie of course.

Is that the REAL online submission or just folks who are playing the BETA?

Is this an issue to worry about? Is it MY (sister's) system?

Posting this mostly for FYI in case it DOES matter. Let me know if ya'll need more

Grauniad

Zip up your Data directory (under the CreeperWorld3 directory in Your Documents) and attach it to a response here.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

knucracker

A description of how you tend to play will also help along with your data dir.  For instance, do you save and load a lot?  Do you manually manipulate anything in your data dir?  Also, if this is your sister's machine, are you using her account or switching between accounts?  Is the game installed under her account and you play while logged in as her?

Nephthys

Hope I have zipped & attached the correct file. 

I am not able to post when I have the zipped file attached. Weird. Will try again in separate message.

I have not made any direct changes to the directory or any CW3 files on this machine.

I might save into the same slot a few times (usually) while I play. Generally only load when starting. Until this morning and late last night when I first realized maps were not showing as completed. Then I did Loads & Exits to try & figure out where I left off & which maps were complete but not circled in green on the sector map.

My sister's son's girlfriend (!) gave this awesome system to my sister. Dual-core desktop 64 bit, can do the Speccy thing G taught me if you need it & tell me where to download from. Didn't know it was 64 bit so I downloaded the 32 bit beta.

Since I first posted, I loaded an unfinished version of Navox: Tiplex & finished it again to get to the next sector. Navox shows 1/5 but they are all complete. Pretty sure...

System uses Windows 7. I am on under my sister's ID which was set up a few weeks ago when they brought this system to her. So that means I also downloaded the 1.13 beta and play under my sister's Windows ID.

Hope this helps!

Nephthys

Trying attachment again.

It shows a .zip file type. Properties show as 98.1 mb.

Nope, won't fly. I get "Page cannot be displayed" message when I hit POST. Does fine w/out attachment. Something on this end? I just installed Microsoft Security Essentials before logging into KC forum, fwiw.

knucracker

That's too large to post to the forums.  It's too large to email as well.  If you could put it on a cloud drive somewhere, then email me the link (support@knucklecracker.com) I'll grab it then you can remove it.

Nephthys

You lost me at "cloud drive". I know the concept, don't know how to get to one. I have a Google login if that'll help me get to a cloud drive. Need directions, though. A starting point at least, please sir.

Michionlion

"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Nephthys

Nephthys

Got there, uploaded, right-clicked & chose share by email.

Did not work. File too large. I will PM my name & password to V & G & see if they can pick it up that way. I can change my password later. Not really worried about them having it.

Michionlion

Quote from: Nephthys on December 10, 2013, 09:22:31 PM
Got there, uploaded, right-clicked & chose share by email.

Did not work. File too large. I will PM my name & password to V & G & see if they can pick it up that way. I can change my password later. Not really worried about them having it.

you cannot share it by email?  That is weird, as you don't actually send the file... try just passing the link.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

knucracker

Ok, I have the file retrieved from your cloud share.  You can remove it if you like.  I'll analyze it here in a bit.  A few more questions if you don't mind...

Did you start from total scratch or did you copy anything from an old data dir onto the new machine (your sisters machine)?  If you did copy anything, did you do so while the game was not running?  Also, do you ever run more than one copy of the game?  Have you accidentally run more than one copy or anything like that?

knucracker

Wait a minute.... sorry... You sent me the wrong "data" dir.  You sent me the game's CW3_Data dir (which is part of the game installation).  THe data dir I need is here:
c:\Users\YOUR_USER\Documents\CreeperWorld3\data

That dir is where all of your game progress is stored.  I bet it might be smaller than 98mb as well after you compress it...

Nephthys

I downloaded the free Demo & played that for a bit before G. told me I could download the Beta version since I had my piece of paper with my Key for the full version. Demo was not running during Beta download. Both are still on this machine that I pulled the files from.

To the best of my knowledge, only one version ran at a time.

Sorry for the slow response. Sister's internet went down for a while & just came back up. I plan to delete everything before I head home, but I can copy it all to the cloud first right? Just in case ya'll need more info? Actually, internet isn't up at home yet, so if she doesn't mind, I may not delete right away. Also, evidently the power company is still in my neighborhood so power might be up & down. Our county has been declared a Disaster Area! Sorry, you're too busy for my personal life.

I'll keep checking back as long as I can!

knucracker

Heads up before you delete anything:
Read the post I made just before yours about the data dir location I actually need.