Score not submitting

Started by Kingo, January 02, 2013, 10:38:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grauniad

Quote from: virgilw on January 05, 2013, 07:44:40 PM
  For instance, maybe you have antivirus software that prevents unauthorized apps (things other than a browser) from access all or certain sites...

Anti-Malware, firewalls, parental access controls...

To find the directory Virgil mentioned. Open Windows Explorer NOT Internet Explorer, and type in the address bar
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Kingo

And again the website is doing this to me...
Is there any way I can get the map uploaded without having to go through the system? (I have beat the map by the way, 5453 was my score)
I took the terrain design and made another map out of it (my Ganymede map, except it has different artifacts, different background, etc). Nothing else was changed.

Grauniad

Why do you insist it's being done to you or that the website is at fault? Other map makers submit maps using the same website and have no issues.

I suggest that you look at the process you follow and find/fix the errors in your process.

UpperKEES

Quote from: Kingo on February 14, 2013, 03:03:02 PM
I took the terrain design and made another map out of it [...] Nothing else was changed.

Any save from the editor will make it a 'new' map. Just play it again to set a score.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Kingo

Quote from: Grauniad on February 14, 2013, 03:21:23 PM
Why do you insist it's being done to you or that the website is at fault? Other map makers submit maps using the same website and have no issues.

I suggest that you look at the process you follow and find/fix the errors in your process.

I don't honestly know what the error was either.
And I am not doing this because I am too lazy to test my own maps.

Grauniad

The process is very simple.

1. Make a map.
2. Play it. On completion, submit the score.
3. Upload the map without opening/saving it from the editor again.

MyKo 101

I have this same problem. I've created my map, finished it (put it in the Custom Maps menu as suggested) attempted to submit my score (repeatedly) and then upload.

I tried searching through the high scores on the website and my scores aren't turning up on there even though I've submitted them. The "Find Maps Online" tab is also coming up blank. It is as if Creeper World isn't connecting to the internet (i.e. through a firewall blocking it) but I've ensured it's allowed internet access.

As previously stated, is there any way other way to upload our map if we encounter this error?

knucracker

If "Find Maps Online" comes up blank that indicates a problem talking to knucklecracker.com.  Bring it up and then wait...  wait for a while and see if it ever loads.  What you are looking at is an internal browser that will remain white till the page loads and is processed.  If it just takes a long time to come up then it means the connection to the web site is really slow for some reason.

You scores for a map that is not yet submitted won't show up anywhere online since there is no map to associate them with.  But, you can email me the name/group that you used and the time you have tried to submit a score and I can look in the database to see if it shows up. (Just send the info to support@knucklecracker.com)

Lastly, make sure you use a simple ascii name/group when posting a score.  Fancy chars could cause a problem.