Custom Map #928: Even More Rooms

Started by AutoPost, March 06, 2012, 09:01:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #928: Even More Rooms

Author: Chaz

Desc:
Lots of rooms with more fun things inside :-)

Someone

OMG,so many rooms map ;D ;D
luv it
keep it up

jepler

so .. what's an effective strategy on that 70k drone and its only slightly weaker cousins?  I guess I didn't do too shabby, coming in at only 20 minutes behind the leader, but I feel like I was missing something when it comes to dealing with them.

mpete

c-bombs? they do A LOT of damage to drones
nope, maybe dark beams on 2 sides?
i think using both is good
sorry for any misspellings.
signed,mpete

fitz

Quote from: jepler on March 07, 2012, 10:26:29 PM
so .. what's an effective strategy on that 70k drone and its only slightly weaker cousins?  I guess I didn't do too shabby, coming in at only 20 minutes behind the leader, but I feel like I was missing something when it comes to dealing with them.
Well my approach was to seriously overbuild. I had three dark beams going up and down the map all the way back to the LS with blasters each side along the path. Less than half of this would have been sufficient.

Link327

Pretty long map :P
Well, defeating the drones is easy.
Look this picture, you see two micro rifts. The Drone always wants to go though a rift. When it reaches the left one, disable it shortly. When it reaches the right one, disable that one shortly. And so the drone will just walk between them until it is killed. But careful, if you disable both rifts, youre going to run out of energy for your beams^.^
Well, nice map!!!
Link327

teknotiss

link you clever little @*&$%^
that is genius
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Katra

I did pretty much the same on that last drone, but I used that long shaft along the left side for my 'run him back and forth' track. He came down and made it maybe halfway back.  ;D
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

jctreese

Half way thru, I like it so far

jctreese

Holy Crap!!! That took forever, but it was fun

pocketdare