Custom Map #732: Manifest Destiny 7: First Contact

Started by AutoPost, January 18, 2012, 05:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #732: Manifest Destiny 7: First Contact

Author: Fisherck

Desc:
Rifting to the planet, you finally meet those who wish to destroy you. But will you be undone?...

Fisherck

gif image hosting

I want to know what people think about this map; was it too easy? I'm having a hard time deciding what difficulty to make this series. :)
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

DethbyIT

Fisherck - for me it was just right. Fun, I had to make some decisions, and it kept me actively involved for the entire time.

I don't like the quickie games that you can fly through, and I can't stand the 'slog' games. IMO, this was an excellent balance.

Thanks for putting it together.
dbit

Ranakastrasz

YAY

Next one is out. Thanks :D

Relatively straight forward mission. I think that the higher creep area ought to have had a bit more creep in it, possibly compressed via an artificial gravity field (to avoid it spilling)
Ah well, I fully expect some evil field usage eventually.

I still feel that the repulsor, microright, and repulsor tech ought not be available (microrift maybe, since it is human tech, otherwise standard protocall would not exist :P)

Fisherck

Quote from: DethbyIT on January 18, 2012, 06:47:33 PM
Fisherck - for me it was just right. Fun, I had to make some decisions, and it kept me actively involved for the entire time.

I don't like the quickie games that you can fly through, and I can't stand the 'slog' games. IMO, this was an excellent balance.

Thanks for putting it together.
dbit
Quote from: Ranakastrasz on January 19, 2012, 09:26:46 PM
YAY

Next one is out. Thanks :D

Relatively straight forward mission. I think that the higher creep area ought to have had a bit more creep in it, possibly compressed via an artificial gravity field (to avoid it spilling)
Ah well, I fully expect some evil field usage eventually.

I still feel that the repulsor, microright, and repulsor tech ought not be available (microrift maybe, since it is human tech, otherwise standard protocall would not exist :P)

Thank you for the comments! As for the techs, I forgot to remove the microrift and phantom coil tech...  :) The repulser has been  there since the beginning, but the other two are not suposed to be there. Oh well, I'll probably just ignore this mistake in the storyline...
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps

Ranakastrasz

Even better to realize I said repulsor twice, instead of phantom coil, and how both of us failed to notice. :p

Fisherck

Quote from: Ranakastrasz on January 24, 2012, 03:18:31 PM
Even better to realize I said repulsor twice, instead of phantom coil, and how both of us failed to notice. :p

But I still knew what you were talking about... ;)
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps

Kilroyinc

This was a fun map.  Easier than the others in this series, but a nice break.  Are you going to created more in this story series?  I'm looking forward to more if you are.

Fisherck

Quote from: Kilroyinc on February 06, 2012, 09:50:15 AM
This was a fun map.  Easier than the others in this series, but a nice break.  Are you going to created more in this story series?  I'm looking forward to more if you are.

Thanks! I'm working on the game mechanics of the next map right now. I will probably finish it next weekend. School is keeping me pretty tied up right now :)
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps