Custom Map #763: The Creeper God (part 2)

Started by AutoPost, January 30, 2012, 10:45:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dratun

So after defending yourself and getting rid of the eyes, any clues on which part of the alien to attack first?  It seems to regenerate pretty fast, and you can't really mount an all out assault due to lack of energy.

edit: well I beat it, there is no trick to it unfortunately.  you just have to build a large wall and move it upwards and sit there for a long time using launchers to chip away at the creeper.

Ebon Heart

Quote from: dratun on February 01, 2012, 11:44:29 PM
So after defending yourself and getting rid of the eyes, any clues on which part of the alien to attack first?  It seems to regenerate pretty fast, and you can't really mount an all out assault due to lack of energy.

edit: well I beat it, there is no trick to it unfortunately.  you just have to build a large wall and move it upwards and sit there for a long time using launchers to chip away at the creeper.
The terribly quick regen slaughtered "operation kill it in 5 minutes.. I think this really could have been a great map... If the author is reading this, here are some suggestions.
A: don't make the map so random, people don't like that. Try to give the players a 10-15 second warning between attacks. Just do this either using creeped teleporting to the general area of the attacks or you could move creeper to certain parts of the creeper god's body. (this would eliminate the need for the huge amounts of creeper, too) just something the player can associate with, "oh crap, it's going to use this attack in a few seconds. I'd better get something over there."
B: if you're going to do all 4 build directions, and want people to be able to continuously build reactors in a smaller space, use the 80% efficiency model (look up up) maybe even make the player dig out the pit themselves.
C: crystal energy. It could help a whole lot on this map. I think if they can destroy the top part of the head, you might as well give them a bunch of crystal energy so the player doesn't have to sit there for half an hour while the creeper god gets destroyed.
D: make the map more spread out. With all the teleporting creeper, this looked kind of ugly and patched together. And with the limited spots that creeper teleports to, just a few well placed shields can make the creeper god completely useless. Creeper world tends to be a game in which once you have started winning, you will continue to win until you have won. After that point, any added difficulty just makes the map more irritating. IE: waiting for launchers to chip away at über dense eyes=not fun.
Good luck, I hope you still continue to make maps! I hope to see a much better creeper god 3. Some people give up because of one mistake. Great people learn from it and use it to improve themselves. I think you have a talent for this, it just needs to be refined.
EDIT: also, make a forum account! It's a good idea to be able to respond to feeback on your maps. I think a lot of people would like to know you from more than just your maps.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

tijno77

i just wanna say:

I love the map :D

and I completed it XD 1 of the 12 people :O