field bug

Started by florrat, August 21, 2011, 06:59:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

florrat

I found a bug in the editor. I think it happens because you can change fields when the field simulator timer is not 0. If I do that, the editor messes up my fields.
How to reproduce it:
-Create a field
-Create some field lines (in different directions)
-Auto advance the field simulator for a little while. After that, stop it (but do not reset the timer)
-Now change the size of the field
-When pressing reset, the timer does NOT reset. It also usually messes up the field lines I have drawn (to reset, I first have to change the size back to the original size)

I have not tested much more, but maybe you want to disable changing any field when the field simulator timer is not 0.

Ebon Heart

Quote from: florrat on August 21, 2011, 06:59:31 PM
I found a bug in the editor. I think it happens because you can change fields when the field simulator timer is not 0. If I do that, the editor messes up my fields.
How to reproduce it:
-Create a field
-Create some field lines (in different directions)
-Auto advance the field simulator for a little while. After that, stop it (but do not reset the timer)
-Now change the size of the field
-When pressing reset, the timer does NOT reset. It also usually messes up the field lines I have drawn (to reset, I first have to change the size back to the original size)

I have not tested much more, but maybe you want to disable changing any field when the field simulator timer is not 0.
I already mentioned this in beta, I think it's on Virgil's todo list.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!