[Bug] HQ bridge layering inconsistent.

Started by GoodMorning, October 08, 2016, 09:29:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoodMorning

Occasionally, for no visible reason, the HQ bridge (white) shows above the large blue box. Normally only the amping overlay (orange) or low-power window blackout (black) will show above. I can't say for sure which is meant to be there, but it's not consistent, and so is bugged one way or the other. This may affect PRPL if it is a layering issue for equal-layered images. (Note: The "order" of an image is a very useful addition, thank you. It may be relevant here, however.)
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Karsten75

Not even a screenshot? no description of possible steps? Editor, in-game? Is this a game of blind man's bluff? Or 20 questions?

GoodMorning

None of the above.

It's minor enough that I only remembered to put this here after closing the game. Next time I see it, I will screenshot it, but it is infrequent.

Until then, please forget about it.

GoodMorning

Here it is, in an Sim => Exchange map, so no PRPL issue potential. I don't think any of the Exchange maps I had played that session had PRPL to potentially break anything. Three screenshots, taken in the same session, same HQ (no reappearances). I didn't get the layering which usually shows up for me, thinking it the intended one, but looking at the shortcut icon, which shows the first image setup, perhaps I should have. It looks the same as the amped/low power, save that the relevant overlay is absent. I can capture it too, if need be.

The amp overlay/visible core may have been showing in combination for a time, I didn't notice.

Log attached.

Karsten75

Now until Virgil shows up, let me try to clarify this.

I'm usually not good with small, graphical anomalies., so it's quite possible I'm just overlooking what you see. 

1. In the first image, the CHQ Bridge is lit up with intense white light due to missiles, particles and explosions and other activity in the near vicinity of the bridge. No structural detail seems to be lost. The same lighting effect can be observed on the Wold, nearby with a missile passing over it.

3. In the second image, there is an Amp gem on the Command module) and the Amp gem obscures some detail similarly to the detail it obscures on the other ships.

3. I see a command module darkened as an artifact of the ship having insufficient power. 

So I'm really struggling to see it. Hopefully Virgil will spot it, he has a better eye than me,

Nicant

Sort of off topic, but very similar. When blue particles go near amp gems, it makes the blue particles look like red particles!
Spoiler
[close]
Note: I know it is a blue particle because the joven's lasers would be destroying it.
CW4 hype!!

GoodMorning

In the second and third, you will notice, with sufficient zoom, that the normal bridge is missing, leaving only the darkening or orange overlay in the relevant ones. I had thought that intended, and will now get a screenshot of what has been normal for me. It's a bit late here for that now, though.

Nicant, that occurs in a circle (try a burst defence), and I don't know that it could be anything but a calibrated feature.

Relli

Karsten, the issue is the interaction between the bridge that all regular ships possess and the gigantic version that the HQ possesses. You can see in the first screenshot that the HQ features both of them, the regular bridge appearing over the HQ bridge. In the second and third, the graphic of the amp gem and the darkened lights on the regular bridge can be seen, but the other parts of the bridge (which are clearly visible in the first image) are not there. I have also seen times where the regular bridge is missing entirely, and only the HQ bridge can be seen. I had assumed that that state was the intended one, but now have no idea.

GoodMorning

I had the same thought. I had only rarely seen the regular bridge, and thought it was supposed to be invisible on the HQ. However, the game icon possesses a regular bridge overlaying the HQ bridge.

GoodMorning

Attached is a shot of what I had thought of as normal.

Zoura3025

Quote from: GoodMorning on October 08, 2016, 06:27:43 PM
None of the above.

It's minor enough that I only remembered to put this here after closing the game. Next time I see it, I will screenshot it, but it is infrequent.

Until then, please forget about it.

I've encountered it, too. It's very minor and doesn't effect the game, so I've always dismissed it as a rendering oddity. Should I be risking life-and-limb to take a screencap of it?
(09:06:07) Zoura3025: But for us diehard fans: "Time is Sanity"