Is busizhe a hacker?

Started by Asbestos, October 18, 2016, 11:46:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asbestos

They seem to be getting an insanely low score for every map they've played. 5 minutes on a 50 minute map, 1 minute on a 9 minute map, 9 minutes on a 1 hour map. Is busizhe a hacker, or just a very good speedrunner?

Ovalcircle

I was just thinking the same thing. At first I brushed i off as him being really good, but when i saw 20 scores of 12 min or higher and Busizhe had 2:38, I started getting suspicious. I'm trying not to accuse busizhe of hacking in case i'm wrong an he really is a speedrunner, but I put images showing that there is valid reason for concern.
Images are from the map The Split (https://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=22023.msg150916#msg150916 )   
1. busizhe score compared to others
2.Start of map
3. Me at the time of 2:38, which is what Busizhe time is. (This isn't really for comparison to me as much as it shows the state of the map and the enemies present at that time.)

[REDACTED]

"If you are good at something, never do it."

D0m0nik

Always dangerous to accuse another of cheating, I have seen Alter Old accused many times on Cw3 only for him to post a video and humble the accuser. Would be great if Busizhe could give us some sort of spoiler though as the times are staggering.

svartmes

Well Busizhe scores are definitely highly suspicious. I don't see how it can be done without cheating or some exploit/bug.

It really sucks as it takes some of the fun out of the game so it's worth investigating further in any case. While I agree that you should be careful about accusations there's over 10 maps with very suspicious scores by him and I see that some of his scores seems to have gotten deleted already(?). I'd be happy to be proven wrong though and if he is just very good he should take it as a compliment.

Three_Pryme

I dont know if it is hacking really, it is highly suspicious however.
Commanding officer in particle extermination

Steam ID:Three_Pryme

Sorrontis

I know the mods are aware of this.

However, it would be great if we could do things a bit more diplomatically.

Also, on certain maps, busizhe has similar times as others. It is also possible that he is playing a earlier version of the game, so certain things respond differently (emitters being lathed faster for example).
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Karsten75

Sorrontis sent me a message earlier, but I forgot to respond, I was pre-occupied with other matters.

Right now we have no mechanism to do anything - that's if we even want to do anything - not going to ask Virgil to take time out to go into the score tables to nuke  a player's scores if you can't even definitively tell they're fake*. Someone hypothetically getting some kicks out of hacking his results is very far down on the list of things I'd even want to fix.

Virgil specifically invented the new way of scoring so those "paranormal scores" would not show up for ordinary players - but by acclaim that feature got relegated. So if you see suspect scores, deal with it or develop selective blindness or just ignore them.

*I don't care. Don't send in proof that his scores are fake.

** I should be more polite, but right now I can't find a more political way of saying that by design, we'll; always have hackers with us and it's not worthwhile to try and implement methods to foil then if they just get around them in a different way.

Sorrontis

Quote from: Karsten75 on October 19, 2016, 11:21:18 AM
Sorrontis sent me a message earlier, but I forgot to respond, I was pre-occupied with other matters.

*I don't care. Don't send in proof that his scores are fake.

That's why I left it alone once I didn't get a response. It's just not important right now.  :o 8)

Edit: maybe we should close this thread or pull it completely? It's not constructive.
I spoke too soon, why, I don't know. Carry on.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

svartmes

Quote from: Sorrontis on October 19, 2016, 11:04:54 AM
However, it would be great if we could do things a bit more diplomatically.
Huh how is this not being handled diplomatically? Everyone in this thread are being very respectful imo.
Quote from: Sorrontis on October 19, 2016, 12:06:41 PM
maybe we should close this thread or pull it completely? It's not constructive.

Wait, what? I for one think it was very constructive as these scores have bothered me alot the last few days and thanks to this thread I now know that: 1. I'm not the only one. 2. As of now there is no legit explanation. 3. The developer won't do anything about it. Whichever way you feel about it, that is obviously useful information to the players of this game. Thanks to this information I will now try to ignore these scores and go back to enjoying the game. How is that not constructive?

Eppiox

Also requesting this be looked into, it does not reflect well on the game to me.

GoodMorning

There will always be hackers, and the fewer there are, the more rewarding it is for them.

Better, then, to leave well enough alone. Cheat times are easily ignored, and if they are real, marveled at when a video is released.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Relli

It is an amazing feeling to see yourself at the top of a long list of players. And while it can feel nice to see yourself at eighth place but know that 1-7 are all cheaters, it just isn't the same.
I like to think of myself as considerably open-minded. Seeing the bright side of a situation as easily as the dark. But I can't think of a single redeemable situation for someone who would hack the game for the sake of putting themselves on the top board. At best, they cheat the game because it's fun to see insanely overpowered from time to time, then post their scores absentmindedly.
These scores can really mess with player morale sometimes. I get that there are way more important things to be considering right now, and I agree. Just...don't write it off as fine, either.

GoodMorning

Fair. You are probably right.

I don't submit scores unless I have specific reason, so this isn't really something I can comment on from anything but a practical perspective. I thought it worth raising that concern, however.

Really, I can see no point to hacking either, given the Sim. and editor. The fun is either in watching vast destruction (editor/sim) or in matching wits against the mapmaker's fiendish plots. The former is more easily attained, and the latter is voided by hacking. The only way I can see that would make it rewarding is to send a "hack list" to V with fixes. And scoreboard-jumping... as I said, that's not for me to comment on. (Good stratagems to claim a high place with my (limited) level of skill, a sense of achievement at beating a difficult map, or proving a point are the only reasons I have found persuasive to date for score-submitting.)

I don't think I have the mindset of a score-hacker, somehow...
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Three_Pryme

Im having second thoughs. It takes about 15 minutes AT LEAST to clear all the mire at the bottom of the map. and you need the other ships. Im not saying hes hacking, but im suspicious about the way he played my map
Commanding officer in particle extermination

Steam ID:Three_Pryme

yum-forum

My proposal that busizhe is new name (in PF game) of ea3401 or AlterOld.  ;)
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last