Custom Map #7804: Pompei X-01. By: WJHolly

Started by AutoPost, October 27, 2019, 01:55:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #7804: Pompei X-01

Author: WJHolly
Size: 128x128

Desc:
Heavy creeper artillery fires from within a massive super volcano. Build up to the corona to take back the planet.

marvinitfox

Hmm, I had been expecting more from this map (excellent terrain!),
but the inclusion of Bertha tech makes it rather trivial.

I just grabbed the bertha, while building many reactors.
Then built some more reactor, then some reactors, then more reactor. Then about 47 Berthas.
End of game, i didn't even need to go get the Terp, so many berthas completely subjugated the volcano and I could just build nullifiers on the caldera rim.

Maybe a variant of this map with the Berthas being a limited quantity? 2 maybe?

Shatterstep

Helper

Quote from: marvinitfox on October 27, 2019, 01:42:22 PM
Hmm, I had been expecting more from this map (excellent terrain!),
but the inclusion of Bertha tech makes it rather trivial.

I just grabbed the bertha, while building many reactors.
Then built some more reactor, then some reactors, then more reactor. Then about 47 Berthas.
End of game, i didn't even need to go get the Terp, so many berthas completely subjugated the volcano and I could just build nullifiers on the caldera rim.

Maybe a variant of this map with the Berthas being a limited quantity? 2 maybe?

How long did it take you to build 47 Berthas? I couldn't find your name among the scores.
I found the game interesting from a variety of standpoints and will definitely play it again (Sam).
;)

Was anyone able to get the Terp at the start? I tried several times and got within a couple of seconds, but no joy. Not sure if it would shorten the game, but a nice puzzle trying to figure out how to use it.

10/10 from me and looking forward to more from the map creator.
Thanks,
H

Loren Pechtel

Beat it without picking up any of the tech.  Then I had to clear out the remaining creep around the terp in order to finish.

marvinitfox

Quote from: Helper on October 28, 2019, 03:58:35 AM
How long did it take you to build 47 Berthas? I couldn't find your name among the scores.

My name in the score tables is (roughly) "GOODGRIEFAAAAARGH!!"

Named for my reaction the first time I encountered one of Yum's monstrosities.