[Spoiler] Strategic advisory: Day 20 - Final confrontation with nexus, no drones

Started by nic nac, November 15, 2012, 02:48:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nic nac

I will not cover how to reach the bottom chamber, that's at your own discretion.

Step #1
Build reactors. As many as possible. Your generation needs to be at least 60. the higher, the better later.
Step #2
Dig down left side.

Spoiler

Step #3
Dark beam on top end of the long tube
Step #4
Open the access. Controling anticreeper is not really required. Just hose it into the cave.
Step #5
Wait for the drones to enter the tube and open fire. Wait until no more attack drones are left.
Step #6
EASYMODE STARTS HERE
Curve the beam around the nexus in a hook form. In other words, place the mirror so that the beam crosses between the nexus core and the emitters, then mirror it back at the top emitter.
Step #7
Build three more beams in the cardinal directions to "hook" around the nexus (not aiming at core, just past it and mirroring it at the emitter on the opposite of the shooting beam).
Step #7b
If done properly, you should have significantly less problems with drones now
Step #8
Spam nullifiers until emitters gone
Step #9
With the emitters gone you should shoot at the nexus now, which is taunting you.
Build conversion bombs just outside the beam cage.
Step #10
Throw the bombs at the cage, forcing an instant activation - watch the nexus tremble and cry for the loki now.
Whenever the nexus has pumped enough creep out, throw the next wave of bombs at it.
[close]

FOR GREAT JUSTICE.
logical S... means big S... - me

Grauniad

A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

nic nac

Thanks. Played the demo on kongregate on release day, but couldn't be a'd into buying it.
Until monday. And wednesday I already ploughed through the main story.
logical S... means big S... - me