Noob needs help!? CW2 Super-dense creeper

Started by ryk421, September 11, 2012, 11:24:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ryk421

I can't figure it out, no matter how many blasters, launchers, and conversion bombs i throw at it, i can't seem to damage super-dense (like millions and hundreds of millions) creeper.  It just expands faster than i can convert/damage it. please help!?
>:(

Nemoricus

What maps are you playing? And are you using shields to try and contain it at all?

Grauniad

Quote from: ryk421 on September 11, 2012, 11:24:07 AM
I can't figure it out, no matter how many blasters, launchers, and conversion bombs i throw at it, i can't seem to damage super-dense (like millions and hundreds of millions) creeper.  It just expands faster than i can convert/damage it. please help!?

Without knowing exactly which situation you are facing, there are generally 3 strategies if blasters and mortars are not enough and you don't have anti-creeper in sufficient quantities to be of use.

1, Conversion Bombs in the experimental section,
2. The Dark Beam in the experimental section,
3. Creeper compression to "flip" the creeper into anti-creeper.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Cavemaniac

Quote from: ryk421 on September 11, 2012, 11:24:07 AM
I can't figure it out, no matter how many blasters, launchers, and conversion bombs i throw at it, i can't seem to damage super-dense (like millions and hundreds of millions) creeper.  It just expands faster than i can convert/damage it. please help!?

The single biggest 'ah-ha!' moment for me came when I realized that you could pop one of those super emitters by:

1. Hitting all the surrounding creeper (including that around the emitter) simultaneously with C-Bombs (or burst all from Makers if C-Bombs unavailable - though if it's in the millions only a C-Bomb or a Dark Beam will even touch it...).

2. Build shields right next to the emitter to stop it spewing forth it's creepyness - a shield is only 4-5 build packets so it's built quickly, especially if you have a micro-rift nearby.

3. Build your nulifier right next to the shield to 'blow' the emitter. It takes longer to build than the shield in 2, so the shield is there to give you breathing space.

Good luck.

Have fun!

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

4xC

I thought this was a thread for CW1 gameplay discussion, not CW2.
C,C,C,C