I CANNOT beat level 19....

Started by Th3ch053n0n3, June 16, 2012, 11:26:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Th3ch053n0n3

The closest I have gotten to beating it was the last bunker with Abraxis, but I was way too late getting there...Can anyone make me a save file with the last bunker revealed, but not collected? I will PAY for a save file at this point.....

Ebon Heart

When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

Th3ch053n0n3

Been there, done that...... Seriously, I'd pay for a save right now...... I'm THAT pissed...

Ebon Heart

If you're careful with energy/unit management, you can easily finish this level with lots of time to spare. Just get reactors up right away, dig for efficiency, and only build weapons as necessary at the start.

Wheatmidge

Also play the level on the slow setting, it may take a tiny bit longer but it will allow you to be more efficient.

Ebon Heart

Blaze

I always felt rushed on this level, so I can see why you're failing.

Since you are getting to the bottom chamber I'll just give advice for that part.

Launchers.

Not just one or two, lots.

Make sure you have all of the weapon upgrades, too.

I am however, an overbuilder, at the bottom, before I break the terrain piece to the creeper, I build so many launchers I've had to remove some of my reactors/tech domes to make room for them all.
I had even more on backup ready to flood through a nearby m-rift as they got destroyed, and a lot of blasters for the drones.

Needless to say, once I got past the initial wave of creeper/drones, it was an easy push forwards with a good amount of terrain before the commander. :D

I'm pretty sure this doesn't help you at all. :-\

Th3ch053n0n3

Blaze, you are exactly right....
Will someone PLEASE just post a save? Or email it to me.... I set up this email for fake signups, so don't bother to attempt to hack, pretty much all it gets is spam.....
lucasmanley101@gmail.com.....
PLEASE???

Ebon Heart

Or you could just play the game like it's supposed to be played......

Cavemaniac

Quote from: Th3ch053n0n3 on June 18, 2012, 02:41:01 PM
Blaze, you are exactly right....
Will someone PLEASE just post a save? Or email it to me.... I set up this email for fake signups, so don't bother to attempt to hack, pretty much all it gets is spam.....
lucasmanley101@gmail.com.....
PLEASE???

Hehe!

What Ebon Heart said!

Has anyone sent you a file yet?

If I get time in the next day or two I'll have a bash at it for you and send you a file.

It'll be interesting to revisit as I've not played that level in over a year ( I moved on to custom maps).

CM.
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Th3ch053n0n3

Ebon, I've been stuck on this map since a week after the game came out....... >:(
CaveManiac, THANK YOU...  ;D

2b3o4o

Please... Just, stop. Now. I can't stand this. Why don't you just play some custom maps for practice until you get better. Trust me. You'll enjoy the game much more. Are you going to come asking for a save file for day 20 as well? Do you enjoy the last ten seconds of a level beaten by a player much more skilled than you?

Th3ch053n0n3

It's not that I am not skilled, it's that I cannot, repeat CANNOT, get to the final bunker fast enough to prevent the creeper from killing it. The time I was closest, I had nullified the gateway, killed all the drones and was 1/2 way to the bunker when it died..... AND I lost the save from that game. Now, I can't even kill the drones before the bunker gets overrun.

And on the subject of Day 20, I've beaten it before, at a friend's house. I just want to be able to play it at mine....

Ebon Heart

Quote from: Th3ch053n0n3 on June 18, 2012, 07:01:28 PM
It's not that I am not skilled, it's that I cannot, repeat CANNOT, get to the final bunker fast enough to prevent the creeper from killing it. The time I was closest, I had nullified the gateway, killed all the drones and was 1/2 way to the bunker when it died..... AND I lost the save from that game. Now, I can't even kill the drones before the bunker gets overrun.

And on the subject of Day 20, I've beaten it before, at a friend's house. I just want to be able to play it at mine....
If you can't do that, than you can't claim to be a very skilled player... play the game, develop your skills, play on a slow setting, PAUSE, and you'll do fine.

Kithros

One of the most important things to note is that the 'p' button pauses the game and still allows you to issue commands - if you pause frequently maps will become much *much* easier. A lot of players tend to not notice that the pause feature exists and have a lot of trouble on relatively hard maps (though there is still a very big room for error on this map).