Main Menu

how

Started by cooltv27, June 06, 2012, 09:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cooltv27

I was wondering how the M-rifts work, its for a custom map idea and it will put a story line in it.
uh oh here comes the creeper, QUICK GET SOME BLASTERS READY! wait, wait, wai, FIRE! IM ON FIRE! NO, NO, NO, GET AWA (the rest was taken by the creeper, taken back and eaten)
I has a youtube channel youtube.com/user/cooltv27

2b3o4o

It's your story, you can decide yourself. :)

cooltv27

yes thats true, but, I want it to be some time after the defeat of the nexus (like entering the dark realm)
uh oh here comes the creeper, QUICK GET SOME BLASTERS READY! wait, wait, wai, FIRE! IM ON FIRE! NO, NO, NO, GET AWA (the rest was taken by the creeper, taken back and eaten)

2b3o4o

That doesn't change anything; it's still your story, you can still decide yourself. :P

Kingo

Yes, a story can be pretty open-ended :).
I posted a theory on how the Creeper came to be.

I'm sure I can come up with a fictional explanation (after all, it's science fiction) for you, if you want. :)

tornado

don't worry
i will help

tornado
Now CEO of Particular Endeavors. http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=23752.new#new
We apologize for all inconveniences that we caused.
Quotefirst, you have to imagine a very big box, fitting inside a very samll box.
then, you have to build one

cooltv27

ive got the map and ever thing done I just need the story line for this to be done I would like all help I can get!
any ideas?

teknotiss

could just lift the theory from wikipedia?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wormhole
interesting read anyway  ;)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Karsten75

Quote from: cooltv27 on June 06, 2012, 09:45:35 PM
I was wondering how the M-rifts work, its for a custom map idea and it will put a story line in it.

It is a 5-dimensional fold of a 4-dimensional space-time continuum.

To make it easier to visualize, imagine  having a large square of fabric with a tiny insect trying to get from one point to another. If the fabric is flattened out, then it may take some time.  However, if an external force folds the fabric so that the two points are touching, then the intervening space can be traversed instantaneously.

Don't they teach this in your school? :P

thepenguin

@K75, you don't need 5 dimensions. It's just a folding of the 4D space-time fabric onto itself, based on relativity.
They didn't tell you that?
We have become the creeper...

Michionlion

it is 5 dimensions, because you can't fold 4d space in 4 dimensions, you have to be 'outside of' the action.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Karsten75

Quote from: Michionlion on July 03, 2012, 08:11:15 AM
it is 5 dimensions, because you can't fold 4d space in 4 dimensions, you have to be 'outside of' the action.

You should leave TP in his own dimension - I believe it is called "bliss". :)

thepenguin

Quote from: Michionlion on July 03, 2012, 08:11:15 AM
technically not. have you ever seen a fifth dimension to prove this? :P

by the way, where is Schrödinger's cat? I haven't seen him lately.

Michionlion

He's been in and out of the box lately.  Not sure if he visited the afterlife or not....
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

thepenguin

well, he was always thinking outside the box.