Abel to se the scores of the selected user .

Started by SPIFFEN, March 18, 2010, 10:35:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SPIFFEN

It would be nice if we could clik on an User to see all of that players scores .
So if the profile menu could have an option that you can see all of the scores of each map that player has played .

This should also get players to play older maps too .
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

UpperKEES

I don't think it would be possible to integrate this with the forums. First of all, the name of a player might differ from the forum account, so this requires manual mapping. Secondly, the forum software is made by a third party, so it can only be adjusted to a certain extend. I can imagine it would be possible to add a field to a profile, which would contain a link to the webpage with scores of that player, but this web page would have to be programmed as well.

I like the idea however. It could also have an overall custom map ranking (like for the ingame maps). You can't just add up all scores to get the #1 player (because you can't expect everybody to play all maps), but you could count individual map rankings, like: #1 - 4 points, #2 - 2 points, #3 - 1 point (this would encourage people to play more maps as well), or something like that, but I wouldn't consider this a priority item. I'd rather play the expansion pack in a while... :)
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview