DMD Map Browsing Feature Request

Started by MaHoTex, October 22, 2013, 07:32:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaHoTex

When looking though the DMD maps, it would be nice if we could sort by map number, author.  Also, I would like to be able to eliminate the maps from the list which have already been played.  Maybe add a tick box to "Remove maps already played"  I believe this would be simple since they appear to be indexed by a map number.  Seems it would be possible to cross reference the "Online" maps against the "My Played List" and remove the items from the already player list from displaying.  Having to go back and forth between the "My Played List" and the "Online" list is cumbersome.

Grauniad

Type the author name in the filter to see maps by a specific author.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

MaHoTex

knucracker

In the first update, I am adding an option to query by most recently posted DMD map (it will become the default actually).  The current default query will still be available and is called "Last Played".

MaHoTex

Amram

If I can add one request to this, since its related.

If we could get a browser URI scheme for the map strings that would be awesome. Letting them become clickable links that the browser itself feeds directly to CW3 in order to start it and proceed direct to that screen and open that map would streamline the process quite a bit.

A good example of this process is mailto:, which specifies the browser is to co-ordinate with your email software, and sends it the email address to be used.  Another example being ED2K links for the eDonkey P2P network.  Their shares were frequently distributed over the web, using links.  Click the link, the browser forwarded it to the client, and it proceeded from there.

Right now we have to open CW3, open the DMD, copy the string from the web page, paste into the DMD.  Not sure if the same process is easily doable for CW3, but I do know it sure would be nice if that were reduced to click link play map.
See here and here for more information.