A bunch of suggestions :)

Started by sabinou, October 21, 2013, 07:51:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sabinou

Hi there :)

I thought I could throw a bunch of suggestions, with hope some of they may be of use ?

- Record a history of our map progression, with replay ability.
I don't mean to record a video of the whole game (well, that in itself would be cool, but it might become heavy code-wise ? Hmm ?). But, just like a go or a chess player can view in mind someone else's game when reading the history of the movement of the pieces on the board, something like a history of what unit we created and where we moved it.
To be quite frank, I don't manage to beat a second time the Metroid Map, and I really wish I was able to view how my units were created and moved, in what order, in the beginning ;)
(Or else, please, someone post a youtube video of Metroid beaten :D )

- Additionally count REAL playing time, including all that time we spend while the game was paused, thinking of the game, including all those "ah damn it doesn't work, let's load the saved state". We'd become more humble I guess ^^

- Universal Quick-save + quick-load. We already have the control-c control-V shortcuts. It would be very cool that, if we hit control-V after the game was launched, when we're in the main window, that would automatically find the latest map we played and saved, and resume playing it where the saved game left it.
Why that idea ? If we're in the prospector zone or Alpha area, it can become tricky to remember where we left the game ^^

sabinou

On second thought, the option "I've got a badass computer, record my play into a video and offer to upload it to youtube for me" would be pretty awesome as promotion, too ;)