Groups

Started by Abiak, October 12, 2013, 03:09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abiak

Hi everyone.
Does anyone knows if it's possible to have units grouped together?
I've been playing on big maps and sometimes it would be useful to reselect my strafers without having to manually go back to my base and select them all, especially if I need to double click, hold shift and double click on another unit to select (for example) strafers and bombers.
Or when I have multiple fronts against the creeper, I split my forces into groups to have them always pressing on multiple fronts, and that would be a lot easier with a shortcut.
As in many other RTS we can save unit groups (sometimes it's Ctrl+1 and then click 1 to select that group).

Is it possible to do so in CW3?
If it's not, is there a better way to select units than the one I'm using?

Thanks for the help, this is actually my first post here, although I've been reading for quite some time. Great game  ;D

teknotiss

i don't think so, but it's possible some code monkey could write a script to do that.
if you are after faster all units select, click one of each unit you want to command at once and press "shift+a".
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Grauniad

We don't (yet) have the grouped units of CW2, but you can drag a frame around a group of units and they will all be selected. Holding down the "M" key will keep them in the formation they have been in.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

4xC

In any case, it would be good for a CW3 patch update.
C,C,C,C