CW 3 Enhancement Requests

Started by Burrocrates, October 10, 2013, 03:10:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arky

Things I would like for this game:

For Strafer, Bertha (and maybe bomber):
Some way to automatically tend to pockets of creeper laying around, or trim back the stuff that is somewhat far from the source. Maybe a 'target random creeper' option.

Coordinated landings:
Maybe a no-landing zone or global option to not land anything. Once everything has flown to the correct spot, then turn it off and everything lands at once. Guppies, especially get there too fast.

Guppy cycling:
A few guppies in a landing zone run their energy down only when they are the closest one to the customers, but that leads to gaps in coverage where every guppy is gone at once.  If a guppy was part of an unconnected network, then it might be better if once a guppy started to dispense, then it would continue until depleted instead of letting a fresh guppy take over mid-discharge.

Sprayers:
Shouldn't these be able to shoot to higher elevations like mortars?  Was that a balance decision?

Berthas:
A way to target but not fire them so firing would be instant.  You could make huge coordinated salvos that would make a powered Bertha jealous.

Bovius

Quote from: Arky on October 16, 2013, 05:56:14 PM
Guppy cycling:
[snip]

Ah, yes, the toilet paper rule. I second this.

It would be nice to be able to record a mission for playback, not as a flat video, but as a reproduction of the commands issued during the playthrough. I don't know if the RNG use in CW3 would allow this, and it's probably pretty low on the priority list, but it would be a fun way to share strategies, and it could be used to verify a score for a map.

JonneeG

Quote from: Burrocrates on October 10, 2013, 03:10:36 PM

• Berthas:

• A way to target but not fire them so firing would be instant.  You could make huge coordinated salvos that would make a powered Bertha jealous.
    • Courtesy of Arky

Ifyou disarm and target the bertha somewhere , you should be able to fire it "instantly". I use this all the time, especially on slog maps such as  Alpha sector, Blaze, Fortress siege.
Quote from: Arky on October 16, 2013, 05:56:14 PM

For Strafer, Bertha (and maybe bomber):
Some way to automatically tend to pockets of creeper laying around, or trim back the stuff that is somewhat far from the source. Maybe a 'target random creeper' option.
landings:

Maybe this could work with strafers or bombers,  and though i see some potential, I can`t see myself using this as creeper 'evaporates' when it is cut off from the source.

egos

BY the time one has random puddles of creeper that has been cut off from the main creeper, one tends to have a reasonable energy economy. I usually handle this with a few blasters of mortars. They only carry a limited amount of energy, but even if you do not neutralize all of the creeper, this greatly speeds up the evaporation process.

While while less convenient automatic a strafer to neutalize , it is not usually a big issue.

One enhancement that might be nice, Aerial Units are affected by range upgrades. 
I think that the easiest change would be to allow them to hold more packets, changing the range of their air borne attack time. Similar to how the amount of AC a makers could store would change in CW2 when range was upgraded.

thinking about the strafer more, one option would be to give it an option to spiral out from its launch pad. It would be a systematic and programmable pattern that would allow them to attack all the creeper on the map once if given enough time.

Mimsy

• A way in the DMD to see maps made or played by a specific person.

Turns out you can do this already by filtering for a person's name. :D I rescind my suggestion.
Momo on the DMD scores.

Burrocrates

Quote from: Mimsy on October 18, 2013, 09:05:48 PM

• A way in the DMD to see maps made or played by a specific person.

Turns out you can do this already by filtering for a person's name. :D I rescind my suggestion.

Removed, thanks.

Thisisnotasmile

It'd be nice to have a way to tell Berthas to autofire within a user-defined area. I'd use this feature a lot when clearing an area when I'm about to launch an attack. At the moment you either have to target a fixed area and not do the maximum possible damage to the area you want to move in to, or you have to micromanage your targetting.