Game version, updates, and beta versions

Started by slayer, January 11, 2014, 01:58:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slayer

Apologies if I'm a little dense but:

• How do I find the version number for my game?
  • There is a checkbox in the setting menu to disable auto updating. I've left it unchecked (auto update active?), will the latest updates download automatically? Are there any updates?
  • Are beta versions considered public updates, or are they actually betas to be downloaded at your own risk (I know there isn't much actual risk :))?
  • At this point, is Colonial Space only available to those who download the beta?

Thanks in advance for the info.
Slayer

knucracker

1: Look in the lower left hand corner of the main menu for the version number.

2: I have not pushed out an official new version yet, so the update check won't show anything.  All that option does is let you know if your game is out of date or not.  A message will show in the lower left hand corner of the main menu if your game is out of date.  But, right now it won't show anything.  Updates are _not_ downloaded automatically.  You have to download them yourself.

3: The beta versions are actual 'beta' versions meaning they might have bugs.  That said the latest beta is probably better and has fewer issues than any of the versions prior to it, including the released versions.

4: Colonial space is only available in version 1.50 and later, so yes you have to get one of the 'beta' versions to get it.  This will all be changing in the next few days as I release a new official version.

You get the current beta versions from this topic:
http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=14505.0

slayer

Very disappointed that it took you almost 4 minutes to respond  ;D.

Thanks for the info. For you old guys out there, the version number is wicked small, but it is exactly where Virgil says it is.

Since we have definitive answers, I'll be locking this thread shortly.

Slayer

[Edit: I have version 1.09, gotta check out these changes.]