Custom Map #200: yum10 COOL OMNI WAR. By: yum234

Started by AutoPost, October 19, 2016, 05:13:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #200: yum10 COOL OMNI WAR

Author: yum234
Size: 320x180

Desc:
Very hard map. Multi-strategy. At least 3 ways to start. 3 types of custom ships. #GoodLuck

yum-forum

Please, see photos of custom ships in attachment.

Good Luck!  :)
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

yum-forum

WOW! Recently the lowest rating (1+1+1) among all PF EXCHANGE maps.

Is it too hard&heavy start? Or big lag in the beginning of play?

P.S. Relan submitted first time score. Interesting what way to start he/she chosen?

P.P.S. Nice that in TODO LIST of V exist "...Allow map rating at the end of a mission....". I hope it will be only that possibility.  :)
last

Doug

Didn't seem too difficult in my opinion. Fun map. Not sure why people gave it a 1? There are one star maps out there but yours certainly isn't. I would say 8 or 9 but I threw you a 10 to offset the 1 ;)

Spoiler
I started on the east side, took out the NE emitter then headed to the SE emitter, rock burned close to it and took it out. From there once you have four of the tank lathes I just went from emitter to emitter in no particular order. I tried the west energy source but the mire was too fast so I went east.
[close]

yum-forum

Quote from: Doug on October 19, 2016, 01:02:46 PM
Didn't seem too difficult in my opinion. Fun map. Not sure why people gave it a 1? There are one star maps out there but yours certainly isn't. I would say 8 or 9 but I threw you a 10 to offset the 1 ;)

Spoiler
I started on the east side, took out the NE emitter then headed to the SE emitter, rock burned close to it and took it out. From there once you have four of the tank lathes I just went from emitter to emitter in no particular order. I tried the west energy source but the mire was too fast so I went east.
[close]

Thank You for comments!  :)

Spoiler
In the central west using one trick (if necessary I can explain later  ;) ) it possible start to build many omni and then attack by omni in 2 fronts.
Will be as explained in the end of this post (not "funny effect" but attached last 2 photos of position):
http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=22017.0
[close]
last

fumbuckle

Interesting map. I didn't experience any lag, like I did in one of your other maps. I started west side, got quickly overrun, but was able to hold in the south west with some omnis and slowly went from there. I like how the particles quickly took over the map, but were still able to be defeated.

relan

I start at east, then I take out north emitter by omni rush, and south emitter by tank lathe. Then I got stuck on advancing middle emitters, so I sneak the emitters at south and south west because there are few particles.
With more energy sourse and more omnis, I start to rush my omnis to mire land, then slowly push forward.

Well, omni rush really make my day :)

yum-forum

Quote from: fumbuckle on October 20, 2016, 06:17:38 AM
Interesting map. I didn't experience any lag, like I did in one of your other maps. I started west side, got quickly overrun, but was able to hold in the south west with some omnis and slowly went from there. I like how the particles quickly took over the map, but were still able to be defeated.

Thank You for comment!  :)

My way:

Spoiler
I started in west part of map, quickly (enough time!) builded all omni and send it (half/half) to south and central north. Destroyed HQ and moved it to south. And get position as in yum10-photo1.jpg here:
http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=22017.0
[close]
last

yum-forum

Quote from: relan on October 20, 2016, 08:34:54 AM
I start at east, then I take out north emitter by omni rush, and south emitter by tank lathe. Then I got stuck on advancing middle emitters, so I sneak the emitters at south and south west because there are few particles.
With more energy sourse and more omnis, I start to rush my omnis to mire land, then slowly push forward.

Well, omni rush really make my day :)

Thank You for comment!  :)

This is one of 3 variants (maybe exist more...  ;) ) to start: west, south/west and east.
last

4xC

In all honesty, the only maps of your making I even try are medium sized for minimal to no lag and don't require hyper-early aggression just to hold something off due to my lack of complete understanding of securing economy. The latter shouldn't be much of a problem once a future update lets us see our deficits again.

To be fair, you're still a creative genius and I love your creeper world maps just as well.
C,C,C,C

Ensiege

Some of your maps have a much lower rating than they deserve.  Maybe if you flesh out the descriptions a little more it will keep people who are not interested in that type of map away?

Anyway... Number. One. Spot!  10 minutes 18 seconds!

Yum, I am a long time fan.  Loved your maps in CW3, and was overjoyed when I saw you were making maps in PF, too.

But to the plan - Started west side, dropped my omnis and retreated SW as soon as energy mine was up to attack SW emitters.  As soon as Omni's finished, brought 3 of them down to help attack emitters, left the remaining Omni's behind to hold ground as long as possible so particles couldn't pass through land barrier as long as possible.  Retreated omnis to SW and built Tank Lathes, rushed NW with lathes.  Once those particles in the NW cleared, returned Omni's to west side and retook it. 

After that its just a matter of advancing.  While pushing middle (leap frogging omnis while soaking up particles with beamers) your tank lathes can snipe the emitters in the NE and SE.

One of my favorites.

yum-forum

Video in YouTube from PARTICLE MANIAC (zapfsaeule):  :D

last