Will there be a Tormented Space/equivalent in CW4?

Started by Telhuin, April 24, 2019, 12:59:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telhuin

One of the greatest strengths about CW3, I found, was the use of a series of pre-generated worlds to play. Not only were there a limited(but large) number of worlds, giving you a goal to work towards and a way of seeing how much progress you had made, they were also identical for every player, giving the chance for people to compare their strategies.

This is one of the ways I felt Particle Fleet fell down; beyond the story and the inception missions, there was no more content except a randomized level generator, which doesn't give any motivation to complete more levels besides to challenge yourself.

I think it would be really worthwhile to implement a similar sort of "bonus levels" after the main campaign.

harrymcb

i never really liked tormented space or prospector zone. but i know like you there are many who do. with random map generators it should be easy enough. it will probably be in there

Sorrontis

I generally prefer making maps, but rando-map-gen is fun. I hope it gets a little love.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

GoodMorning

Quotethere was no more content except a randomized level generator

I will throw in there - "Colonial Space" far outsizes Tormented Space. While it's a different beast, I don't get the sense from your message that you've looked at it much? (Just a suggestion.)

A TS-equivalent would be nice.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Grabz

Quote from: GoodMorning on April 24, 2019, 07:06:46 PM
I will throw in there - "Colonial Space" far outsizes Tormented Space. While it's a different beast, I don't get the sense from your message that you've looked at it much? (Just a suggestion.)
OP said "a limited(but large) number of worlds, giving you a goal to work towards" - you don't get any of these in Colonial Space/Exchange, unless you play so much to actually keep up with beating every map (which some have done in PF).

For every 1 map you complete 3 more maps will appear in CS. I feel like what OP wants is to have clear mapsets that one can finish and say "I've completed this", because it's pretty fun to have goals.
For quicker response, reply to me directly at Grabz#4707 on Discord. Find me on the KC server: https://discord.gg/knucklecracker

GoodMorning

Point taken - keeping up with the Exchange wasn't fun after a point.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.