Mission: Do all members

Started by SmileyCoder, January 11, 2012, 06:35:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helper

Excellent!
(Glad to see that it has moved so far up the priorities!)
LOL

SmileyCoder

Joking aside, 2 of my old clients returned with extra feature requests and of course they want them added yesterday, so its been a busy January. Thats also why you haven't seen me around in the weekly tournaments.
Best of luck with your game,
TheSmileyCoder

TheSmileyCoders YouTube channel feat. tutorials on using Treeviews in Access
I might have promised fool proof, but I never promised user proof.

Helper

Heh!
Sound like you have your priorities right.

SNAFU S/H done - OK, but not worth a replay.

Helper

snapdown357 S/H done. Mediocre.
SneakyMonkey S/H - a fun one.

Helper

Sniper S/H - fun enough to play again.

Loren Pechtel

mem is a bit tricky.  Until I grabbed the gems in the right order it got me.  It's sideways build, phantoms and a breakout of very tough drones at ~1:30.

me6 is a bit cramped but otherwise routine.  The breakout is so late it's irrelevant.

MatrixQ is tricky at the start--sideways and with a lot of phantoms on a very short timer.  Once you get your coils up it's routine.

Malit is experimental, build-all, no breakouts, no phantoms.  Trivial.

malibo29 is a bit cramped with a breakout but it's not a big deal.

lyssta1 has an exposed emitter and drone base but the gem provides enough to get one's defenses up.

lunarknight64 is experimental, build-all.  The only challenge is the phantoms.

LMGMLG allows you to dig past the creep, I had 80 energy before I built a single weapon.

LazyLizard won't let you be lazy at the start!  Cramped, exposed emitter + 4? more with breakthroughs.  A dozen phantoms.  The only saving grace is the gravity.

Lanroks is routine.

krf19053 would be very hard except for the fields.  A dozen phantoms, your build area is basically limited to one row as there is a chamber virtually all the way across just under the surface, 3 breakout points.  You can kill the emitter with an unsupported neutralizer, though.

krey--experimentals, zero-g, no phantoms.  Work quick, though, there's an exposed emitter.

Kingo has an exposed emitter that's no threat because of gravity.  The build is somewhat cramped but one launcher suffices to keep the creep in check, it's not a problem.

Khotekki is a bit cramped but so what.

KernoX is a bit cramped but so what.

Wheatmidge

I felt bad for Loren trying to beat this challenge on his own. So I'll contribute a few.

2dustyz2longz done

adam.york done

astanix is a fun challenge with a surface emitter and drone base and strong drones breaking out quite quick

Loren Pechtel

Kava09 is routine.  A breakout that's not one bit of a threat.

ShadowDragon7015

I'm having trouble with the creeper levels on mine.   :-[
Hiding the golden creeper for years to come.

Loren Pechtel

kablamaspazz is build-all, routine.

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: ShadowDragon7015 on March 12, 2013, 08:05:37 PM

Are you sure you're not having a typing problem?  You are annoying due to the build sideways but I see nothing in there that constitutes a threat.

Helper

Quote from: ShadowDragon7015 on March 12, 2013, 08:05:37 PM

SD - not sure at what point you are having the problem, but this is how I started yours. Screenshots at 1:16 and 3:30. This should give you a good enough power base to attack that large group of Drones. With really heavy gravity, it is a good idea to attack from the right and use maxed out AC.

Please post back any details on further problems.

H

Loren Pechtel

jp535 has a tough start with a surface emitter and not a lot of space but otherwise is just a slogging match.

JoshT is routine.

Jord has defeated me.  Breakouts on both sides, one with tough drones.  Very little build space.

Johs has me stopped also.  There's an insane storm of drones.

joe is very cramped, it takes ages before you can engage the first chamber.  Beyond that it's routine.

jfskibumjr is cramped at the start but otherwise routine.

jctreese has an exposed emitter and mega drone base.  They're just deep enough I survived.

WiseSage

4xC, large, hard. Incredible masterpiece of computer AI. Like "Answer, Day 12" of main story, but more interesting and balanced. You need to act really-really fast in the start to destroy first gate and emitter with a small force, then show strategy genius to rid off others. All techs are to be used to win. The map is well-balanced - you don't need to dig into far corners to get bonuses, but should be everywhere in a time. Multitasking and forces sharing is encouraged. Oh. And amount of ore is just enough to win. Thank you, Great Matrix!

Wheatmidge

Jord completed. It was a fun challenge at the beginning. but the break out of the strong drones waits long enough for you to dig for the gems.