Mission: Do all members

Started by SmileyCoder, January 11, 2012, 06:35:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loren Pechtel

Rambit has an exposed emitter & drones but there are gems also.  Defeated.

florrat

Yay, someone is claiming that maps are impossible. That surely attracts my attention.  ;D

Completed ryleythecool L/H.
Attached are screenshots to show how I started.

EDIT: ryk421 gives me more trouble to start... I will try that one again later.

Loren Pechtel

Qla has an emitter open to the surface and a cramped build space but it's defeated.

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: florrat on December 20, 2012, 06:42:58 PM
Yay, someone is claiming that maps are impossible. That surely attracts my attention.  ;D

You managed to sneak that shield in while the field pushed the creep the other way?  I've never been successful at getting a shield into the space directly next to an emitter even with fields.  Getting one into a diagonal space is hard enough!

I also can't imagine how you got that much stuff up that fast.  To account for the energy you spent you must have gone for energy production first but if you did that you couldn't get those shields around the volcano and it's first pulse would have been lethal.

Helper

Just finished "smoothkilla" S/H - great fun and a very interesting first minute or two.

Wheatmidge

Quote from: Loren Pechtel on December 20, 2012, 07:24:28 PM

You managed to sneak that shield in while the field pushed the creep the other way?  I've never been successful at getting a shield into the space directly next to an emitter even with fields.  Getting one into a diagonal space is hard enough!

I also can't imagine how you got that much stuff up that fast.  To account for the energy you spent you must have gone for energy production first but if you did that you couldn't get those shields around the volcano and it's first pulse would have been lethal.

ryleythecool was a fun challenge. I was trying for minor energy production at first. but I couldn't hold the "volcano" back. you could build 2 reactors and still cap it, but that delays the timing to get the gems.
I found that if you just build the five shields overtop the volcano you have enough to grab the red gem and then the white gem before the first phantom wave.

Just a helpful pointer when looking at people's screens. I believe it takes 40 seconds for a reactor to pay for itself. So if someone has alot of production at the 30 second mark it means they went for gems.

I gave  ryk421 a try and managed to do it. the beginning was rough and I ended up at pretty much a standstill for a few minutes, but I made it.

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: Wheatmidge on December 20, 2012, 10:18:48 PM
Quote from: Loren Pechtel on December 20, 2012, 07:24:28 PM

You managed to sneak that shield in while the field pushed the creep the other way?  I've never been successful at getting a shield into the space directly next to an emitter even with fields.  Getting one into a diagonal space is hard enough!

I also can't imagine how you got that much stuff up that fast.  To account for the energy you spent you must have gone for energy production first but if you did that you couldn't get those shields around the volcano and it's first pulse would have been lethal.

ryleythecool was a fun challenge. I was trying for minor energy production at first. but I couldn't hold the "volcano" back. you could build 2 reactors and still cap it, but that delays the timing to get the gems.
I found that if you just build the five shields overtop the volcano you have enough to grab the red gem and then the white gem before the first phantom wave.

Just a helpful pointer when looking at people's screens. I believe it takes 40 seconds for a reactor to pay for itself. So if someone has alot of production at the 30 second mark it means they went for gems.

I gave  ryk421 a try and managed to do it. the beginning was rough and I ended up at pretty much a standstill for a few minutes, but I made it.

If you build the 5 shields getting the gem is a slow process as you only have the ship's energy production.

Loren Pechtel

Preston... 404 has a supertitan with drones.  I've never beaten one of these, I'm not going to try this one.

Powerdown has been powered down.

Wheatmidge

Preston... 404 done. no immediate threats but a nasty supertitan.

Helper

Loren Pechtel

pocketdare is slightly cramped, the first chamber has fields and tons of drones that make it a pain to get into but not actually a problem.

pfffrt went pfft.  Build-all, experimental, no phantoms, no breakthroughs.

Pakars is build-all and easy.

Ozzozo has an exposed emitter and drone base as well as a cramped build.  There were enough gems that I got it, though.  I also had to use anti-creeper to kill the final emitter.

orangina is a royal pain.  Cramped build, multiple breakthroughs to the surface, fields everywhere.  It's survivable only because of the inverted gravity but it still took me over 80 minutes.

ocean has a bit cramped build and breakouts but they're no threat.  The superchamber & fields make it slow.

Nysik might be doable for those who play drone tag.  There's a chamber open to the surface with a drone base an a emitter.  No gems, limited build space.

niahoo is sideways but otherwise routine.

Wheatmidge

Nysik done, you can build one shield and get to the white gem, so the drone tag doesn't have to be played very long.

Loren Pechtel

Netatsake is ore galore, otherwise it's routine.

msmspilot is routine.

mokey264 is routine.

Minatious is one of these stone-wall maps.  One chamber with one emitter/drones/fields.  Cakewalk.

mcgolden has one big chamber with fields, no challenge though.

Helper

SC - you need to update the front page.
I'll keep working some of these as time allows.

SmileyCoder

I promise you, its at the very very very top of page 3 of my To-do list
Best of luck with your game,
TheSmileyCoder

TheSmileyCoders YouTube channel feat. tutorials on using Treeviews in Access
I might have promised fool proof, but I never promised user proof.