Mission: Do all members

Started by SmileyCoder, January 11, 2012, 06:35:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: SmileyCoder on September 05, 2012, 04:10:01 AM
Quote from: Loren Pechtel on September 04, 2012, 06:34:04 PM
darty--a supertitan with two drone bases.  I can't crack it.

Submitted a score for the map. I hate titans without experimentals. They are so boring.

Titans with experimentals are normally cakewalks.  It's better without titans, period.

Loren Pechtel

Darodar.  Tricky start--you have to fight an emitter with only 2 energy.  Fortunately the fields just let you pull this off.  Otherwise it's routine.

Darkrai--I think this one is impossible just from the start map.  There are two exposed emitters, center and right.  They have too many open blocks to hope to shield before the creep spills out, not to mention the hopelessness of maintaining those shields.  The gravity is down-left so the creep is going to pile on your base.  Digging in isn't an option.  The 12 phantoms and the 22 drones that will in time break out won't matter.

darkniko--it's a race between the exposed titan and getting enough power for the experimentals.  When I used bombs to protect the shields I finally got it.

DarkJMKnight--cramped start, otherwise routine.

Darkhole--exposed emitter, early breakthough of nasty drones.  It wasn't that hard, though.

SmileyCoder

I have had 10 attempts on darkrai so far. I don't think its impossible, but its definitely a hard one to crack.
Best of luck with your game,
TheSmileyCoder

TheSmileyCoders YouTube channel feat. tutorials on using Treeviews in Access
I might have promised fool proof, but I never promised user proof.

Wheatmidge

Darkrai done. The middle top emitter can be capped with 2 shields and the crystal energy thanks to the fields. After that the only part that poses a huge threat is when the drones break out and the constant phantoms. Overall quite a fun map

Helper

Quote from: Wheatmidge on September 17, 2012, 12:27:10 PM
Darkrai done. Overall quite a fun map

Glad you were able to do it.
I gave up until I saw this and went back at it.
Almost survived the first Drone attack and will give it another go.

Loren Pechtel

DarkFire is routine.

As is Dark18

Dariush has a dozen phantoms every 35 seconds from a gateway near the surface.  Other than that it's routine.

Daos is routine.

danx has a surface emitter.  The gravity keeps it from being a big problem.

DanTheGoodMan is notable only for the lack of ore.  (There are some ore specials you can dig up, though.)  The exposed emitter is no threat with reasonable play.

Dang3781 is routine.

Likewise danable24

SmileyCoder

I've been neglecting this thread for a while. I will try to get around to posting a update soon!
Best of luck with your game,
TheSmileyCoder

TheSmileyCoders YouTube channel feat. tutorials on using Treeviews in Access
I might have promised fool proof, but I never promised user proof.

Loren Pechtel

Dan is in the can.  Routine.

dallabeneta might be possible to those of you who play drone tag but I don't think so.  I'm not going to try.  There is one drone base that has immediate access to the sky and one more that will break through.  A third is no threat.  There are 38 total, gobs seem to be coming from the first base.

Even if you get all the drones from the first base chasing you you then have the breakout to deal with.  You also have very little space to build anything.

Dalas has got me.  The build space is very limited and I simply can't cope with the field that keeps shoving creeper up to the surface.

zenburger84 is routine.

Wheatmidge

Dalas done. The big field made the battle for the middle of the map fun. A few shields and you could hold it back though.

dallabeneta also done. Used drone evasion. I actually kept dodging the first drones until I made it down to their gateway. probably a little excessive. but I had fun.

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: Wheatmidge on October 11, 2012, 01:48:15 PM
Dalas done. The big field made the battle for the middle of the map fun. A few shields and you could hold it back though.

Shields worked for a while but eventually I couldn't replace them and they wore out.

Wheatmidge

Quote from: Loren Pechtel on October 11, 2012, 11:34:14 PM

Shields worked for a while but eventually I couldn't replace them and they wore out.

I built the shield wall as low as I could in the range or the ls.
If you build a launcher and some blasters behind the shield line you can use the gravity to slowly push your shield line forward.

Loren Pechtel

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: Wheatmidge on October 12, 2012, 12:27:06 AM
Quote from: Loren Pechtel on October 11, 2012, 11:34:14 PM

I built the shield wall as low as I could in the range or the ls.
If you build a launcher and some blasters behind the shield line you can use the gravity to slowly push your shield line forward.

I started out trying to build low and got destroyed by the breakthrough from the left.  I think simply tried holding the line while I did research but even that didn't work, the fields were playing with the creep in ways that didn't give me enough time to replace shield cells.

Wheatmidge

I ignored the breakthrough from the left until after I had nullified the lower emitter. I still had two blocks of terrain left.

Loren Pechtel

yooper54 is another easy one.