Mission: Do all members

Started by SmileyCoder, January 11, 2012, 06:35:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmileyCoder

davidgale was certainly a challenge. Its amazing how such a weak topside emitter can manage to be such a threat. Took me 4 tries before I finally got it, by first grapping all gems on the right side, then moving over left and building on the left hand side, protected by shields and blasters.
Best of luck with your game,
TheSmileyCoder

TheSmileyCoders YouTube channel feat. tutorials on using Treeviews in Access
I might have promised fool proof, but I never promised user proof.

Loren Pechtel

davedarave has a tricky start--an early breakthrough with drones.  The gravity makes it possible but you have to go after the emitter with less than 4 energy.  Otherwise routine.

Helper

deathmetalgorilla L/H

Very fun start, then you have to work the gravity to win.
Good game to play.

SmileyCoder

Quote from: Helper on August 31, 2012, 04:07:27 PM
deathmetalgorilla L/H

Very fun start, then you have to work the gravity to win.
Good game to play.

I will mark it off as fun.
TheSmileyCoder

Helper

Rikudo Sennin L/H
Fun start, routine after that.

EDIT:
Helper L/H
A good fight, but not a great fight.

1jmw11 L/H
Real good start and a good fight.

SmileyCoder

Quote from: Helper on September 01, 2012, 09:24:18 AM
Rikudo Sennin L/H
Fun start, routine after that.

EDIT:
Helper L/H
A good fight, but not a great fight.

1jmw11 L/H
Real good start and a good fight.

While the scores are collected automatically, the green "fun/challenging" marking is added manually (in my database). I would like if you could be clear about whether you think these should be marked as green or not.
TheSmileyCoder

Loren Pechtel

To call DAVAtheSwede a cakewalk would be an understatement.

I completed research with 100 energy and 2.2 points per turn and without building any weapons.  By the time I actually had stuff to fight with I was up to 120 energy.

Wizy

So far this is the best start I could have in 2b3o4o, after dodging a shhload of drones. At this point im overwhelmed.
It is definitely possible, but insanely hard. I will keep trying.

Lord_Farin

Yes, it was a hard map, especially the start. After that it was a considerable slog, but I managed to post a score.

Screenshot of my setup is attached; build enough shields between the drones and the left part of the map (each shield takes five drones) and grab the red gem. Simultaneously start building reactors as far left as possible. With the red gem build two blasters, from there be quick and there should be no problem (mind the phantoms).
Behold, Nexus! Looketh skywards, for thy obliteration thence nighs, my foul enemy!

SmileyCoder

Quote from: Lord_Farin on September 03, 2012, 08:11:36 AM
Yes, it was a hard map, especially the start. After that it was a considerable slog, but I managed to post a score.

Screenshot of my setup is attached; build enough shields between the drones and the left part of the map (each shield takes five drones) and grab the red gem. Simultaneously start building reactors as far left as possible. With the red gem build two blasters, from there be quick and there should be no problem (mind the phantoms).

You should take a crack at custom map #10, Nor'easter, I found that to quite challenging, and which maps you have posted scores on I believe you might find it fun.
TheSmileyCoder

teknotiss

DBN L/H done normal tending towards dull
dcasso L/H done normal with lots of phantoms (did i forget to submit the score?)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Loren Pechtel

darty--a supertitan with two drone bases.  I can't crack it.

SmileyCoder

Quote from: Loren Pechtel on September 04, 2012, 06:34:04 PM
darty--a supertitan with two drone bases.  I can't crack it.

Submitted a score for the map. I hate titans without experimentals. They are so boring.
TheSmileyCoder

Loren Pechtel

DarthVader12.  Supertitan with drones.  It may be crackable but it's going to be a long, boring battle that I'm not interested in.

Wheatmidge

DarthVader12 Done. I enjoy supertitans, and since the rest or the level was a cakewalk, it didn't even take that long.