Mission: Do all members

Started by SmileyCoder, January 11, 2012, 06:35:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slayer

Slayer one emitter, nothing to write home about

Loren Pechtel

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: SmileyCoder on July 08, 2012, 04:25:51 PM
relativpronomen has to be the weirdest map yet. No creeper at all, no emitters, no gateways

Everything is farther down.

SmileyCoder

On Small/High there is nothing there :)

UpperKEES   done

sanctioning   done

winchester552    done
Best of luck with your game,
TheSmileyCoder

TheSmileyCoders YouTube channel feat. tutorials on using Treeviews in Access
I might have promised fool proof, but I never promised user proof.

deety42

DarkNinja   done...mop up after the first few seconds containing the open emitters...

Loren Pechtel

archn is another routine one.

But you absolutely have to be on top of refreshing your shields on Arcady.  I was wiped out half a dozen times before I got it right.

SmileyCoder

UPDATED

bbkin   finished. It was one of the maps you skipped.

BermanPost was quite fun, took me a few tries to get it right.

BL24   was also challenging.

I re-tried bdozen and cary, but was still unable to get a working strategy, but I see that someone has posted a score for cary.

Tohta   done
TheSmileyCoder

Loren Pechtel

Arachnea is a tricky start.  There will be 4 breakthroughs that will try to dump creep on "top" (it's sideways) of the little scrap of land you can build your base on.  Once you're past this it's easy.

I see no approach to Aquillion.  There's a surface emitter with a field and 8 phantoms from a shallow gateway that you have to defend against.  It's just too much.

applemachome is like a mac--easy.  Gobs of time before the breakout.

No go on amigo1.  The only place to build is a little scrap of land "under" an emitter.  The fact that the ground is rotten didn't matter, I didn't have the power to stop the drones, let alone the creep that's being dumped on my base.

I fared no better on Alyssa~.  There's a huge load of drones that break free at about 1:25.

Alwego is easy, however.  That's the problem with these random ones--they tend to be either easy or hard, very few in the middle.

SmileyCoder

Aquillion is down. Took me 8 tries to get the start just right.

amigo1 looks bad at first. If your quick, you can grab the blue and green gem immediatly. Then you can move the LS left, and grab the white gem, then move the LS down and dig/shield in on the left side, using the heavy rightwords gravity to keep you safe.

Tried Alyssa~ alot, but haven't been able to get past the release of drones. There is too many of them, and they are too darn fast.
   *Correction, a few more attempts and I finally managed to get it just right. Alyssa~ is now down.
TheSmileyCoder

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: SmileyCoder on July 15, 2012, 09:00:06 AMamigo1 looks bad at first. If your quick, you can grab the blue and green gem immediatly. Then you can move the LS left, and grab the white gem, then move the LS down and dig/shield in on the left side, using the heavy rightwords gravity to keep you safe.
]

The gravity will shield you from the creep but not from the drones. 

Loren Pechtel

This is getting evil.  Alter Old has exposed drones and no gems.

Alter is easy, though.

SmileyCoder

Alter Old has gems a bit down, just let the first 3 drones die on the LS while you dig for teh gems. Once you have the gems, create 2 blasters real fast, and then reactors.
TheSmileyCoder

SmileyCoder

Here is a video of the first few minutes of Amigo1
TheSmileyCoder

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: SmileyCoder on July 17, 2012, 05:46:36 AM
Alter Old has gems a bit down, just let the first 3 drones die on the LS while you dig for teh gems. Once you have the gems, create 2 blasters real fast, and then reactors.

I missed those.  Quite a struggle but I beat it.

Loren Pechtel

The bathroom turkey (alooturkey) seems hopeless.  Zero-g with a powerful surface emitter.  Even with a gem I haven't succeeded in going underground in time.  The fact that it's got experimentals means nothing.

almo is routine.