Mission: Do all members

Started by SmileyCoder, January 11, 2012, 06:35:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmileyCoder

Best of luck with your game,
TheSmileyCoder

TheSmileyCoders YouTube channel feat. tutorials on using Treeviews in Access
I might have promised fool proof, but I never promised user proof.

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: SmileyCoder on February 20, 2012, 04:03:41 AM
I taped the first few minutes of the map and youtubed it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?hl=en&v=T7Gw8rqV0NQ

How are you powering all that stuff??  I can't read the numbers but you sure seem to be using more than it appears you can generate.

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: Loren Pechtel on February 17, 2012, 09:19:40 PM
Quote from: SmileyCoder on February 17, 2012, 05:02:50 PM
Updated all.

Cheesecake is marked off.  I didn't even start it, let alone complete it.  Did someone else solve it???

cecel123 is done.  Experimentals, cakewalk.

Bump--cecel123 isn't marked off.

SmileyCoder

I do updates in batches.

If you watch the movie in full screen I do think you can see the numbers. Do remember, that I pick up 5 crystals during the first 3 minutes. There is also at around 2 mins playtime a perioud where im starving for energy and my blasters almost dont have the energy to shoot. I spam reactors as much as I feel save doing, in every spot I can find. Note that repulsors can be disconnected for quite long periods of time, which can be usefull when needing that extra energy for finishing a nullifier.
TheSmileyCoder

Loren Pechtel

ceauke down.  An exposed chamber with drones and creeper, no other challenges.

cclloyd9785 down.  Surface emitter but helpful gravity.

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: SmileyCoder on February 20, 2012, 04:28:43 PM
I do updates in batches.

My oops--I posted it just after the message about the update and I thought it was before.

SmileyCoder

TheSmileyCoder

Kithros

I would like to point out that CheeseCake is actually a lot easier if you kill the emitter on the left pre-emptively before the terrain decays through - the fields turn slowly enough that you have enough time to nullify the emitter without needing to fight any creeper (use 5 shields or so to deal with the initial burst of drones, and then 2 blasters). If you kill the emitter quickly as well as killing off the stuff on the right side, there's little to do but mop everything up at that point. It's quite possible to have killed both emitters and gateways at the top by 2 minutes in.

Loren Pechtel

Cavou is down.

CatoSterling is down.  A bit tough due to a chamber with an emitter and drones but more it was a matter of a huge slogging match as the chamber in question soon breaks through all the way to the bottom of the map connecting all emitters and gateways.  Even though it provides some challenge I won't nominate it because most of the battle consists of simply inching your forces down row by row by row.

Shimizu

Shimizu is done ^^
23 minutes & something...but I never get impressive times so probably doable quite a bit faster than that.
Meow?

Loren Pechtel

Catalyst is down.  A royal pain, you have limited space before engaging a massive chamber with only 16 energy.

I'm stumped on Cary.  There isn't enough build area to deal with the chamber that's going to break through at about 1:40.

Wheatmidge

Cube is done
I also did Wheatmidge on Large/High even though I joined after the list was made.

elcid534
Ekiph
eighttailedfox
all done also

Loren Pechtel

Carthage1000 is down.  One early breakout to contain, limited space.

As is Carmen.  Quite limited build before you have to engage a breakout.

carderw is a piece of cake.  Build all and over 60 energy before you need to engage.

carbar is also easy.

Cabptain Obvious is obviously solved by moving right.

Caprica is defeated.  Exposed emitter and then one superchamber.

Capn Trey is down.  Exposed emitter, early breakthrough of tough drones, limited build.  The only saving grace is inverted gravity.

Camet, no way.  Exposed emitter and drone base.

Callean, no way.  An exposed emitter that only serves to cramp your base, sideways build that slows you and then a pack of drones that I can't counter.

caatraa is no big deal.

C10B is sideways and no big deal.

SmileyCoder

I will look forward to giving Callean a go when I get home :)
TheSmileyCoder