Mission: Do all members

Started by SmileyCoder, January 11, 2012, 06:35:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: Katra on February 06, 2012, 09:03:12 PM
CJA1 liberated. Actually one of the easier titan battles I've had. (though part of that was i went in with plenty of repulsors plus charged makers on the first try.) Note that I set several blasters to creeper first so the drones wouldn't draw all my blaster fire. Also note the shield walls left from my advance through the large chamber. (I advanced while the field pointed down and left; then held on behind the shields when it rotated to up and right.)

Definitely a fun fight.  ;D

edit: also completed chretip - no real challenge.

What I haven't figured out is how to survive opening the chamber when you have the drones that will smash any shields you put up.  Once the initial pressure buildup is dealt with it's ok.

Katra

1. Clear out everything other than the titan chamber and build lots of reactors/tech domes.
2. Upgrade fire rate and range.
3. Go in at the top right. (I actually went in a bit below the surface with very little beyond my vertical shaft for weapon space.)
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

Loren Pechtel

chrystophyr is down.  Easy.

I'm stuck on Christ_Is_King.  Zero-G, exposed emitter that I can't shield off in time.  Cage it and it would be easy, there are experimentals if you can get enough power for a dark beam.

christoff92 is defeated.  It's all one huge chamber but no other difficulties.

Christie1981 is beyond me.  Zero-g, surface emitter, exposed drones and phantoms.  Maybe a dig-in expert could win this--there's space and enough build area to power a dark beam.

Chrisles is tough.  Surface emitter and upside-down build.  Fortunately it's also upside-down gravity.

chri323x is down.  A breakthrough that's not really all that early proved quite a pain for some reason.  One great big S-shaped chamber.

chretip is another easy one.

SmileyCoder

Christ_Is_King is down. I started by moving the ship down and building 5 shields across the gap. Then I build as many reactors as I could. When the field pushes right, you have to fill part of the gap with reactors, allowing you to refresh your shields, and also allowing you acces to the 2 diamonds on the left side. Then I build up more reactors, and finally got to have enough for a dark beam. The main trick is to build shields each time the field pushes right, and throw in a Conversion bomb if needed to keep the overall creeper intensity from getting too bad.

Best of luck with your game,
TheSmileyCoder

TheSmileyCoders YouTube channel feat. tutorials on using Treeviews in Access
I might have promised fool proof, but I never promised user proof.

Lord_Farin

Christie1981 taken care of. Straightforward digging on the left; there is more than enough energy and space available.

EDIT: TommyCogs done; no challenge.

Same for Tomodachi, TonyP2000, Tornaero, Tosevite.
Behold, Nexus! Looketh skywards, for thy obliteration thence nighs, my foul enemy!

Loren Pechtel

Chikara is finally down.  Supertitan at the edge of the map and not much ore.

chexmixtoon is down.  There's an exposed emitter and it will connect to another soon.  Your build area is pretty limited until you pop those emitters.  The heavy gravity sure helps.

deety42

Infinity is done...pretty typical mission...

Loren Pechtel

Cheloemo is done.  Experimentals, no surface threats--cakewalk.

Loren Pechtel

Cheesy was easy.

cheeseman isn't so cheesy--an exposed emitter and another that quickly links to it that restricts you to less than 5 energy before you must fight them.  Gravity goes a long way to reducing the threat, though.

Cheesecake has me stumped just looking at the layout.  One exposed emitter, one that will break through, both with drone bases (and they're going to be pumping out a huge pile of drones) and a total available build space to fight these of about one layer.  There are some gems laying around but you can't grab any of them without opening another path to the creeper.

Chasofito is down.  Easy.

Charlie Brown has got me.  An exposed emitter, drones & gobs of phantoms.  The experimentals make no difference.

Chani is another easy one.

challenger is only a minor challenge.  There's a fairly early breakthough but plenty of build space and experimentals to deal with the emitter.

cerbamofo is easy.

SmileyCoder

TheSmileyCoder

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: SmileyCoder on February 17, 2012, 05:02:50 PM
Updated all.

Cheesecake is marked off.  I didn't even start it, let alone complete it.  Did someone else solve it???

cecel123 is done.  Experimentals, cakewalk.

SmileyCoder

Yes. I finished CheeseCake. I am working on Charlie Brown, gotten past the start just slogging away at the bottom titan emitter at the moment.
TheSmileyCoder

SmileyCoder

Charlie Brown is down as well.
TheSmileyCoder

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: SmileyCoder on February 18, 2012, 02:53:43 AM
Yes. I finished CheeseCake. I am working on Charlie Brown, gotten past the start just slogging away at the bottom titan emitter at the moment.

How in the world did you do anything on that map???

SmileyCoder

Which of the two do you refer to?
TheSmileyCoder