Steam Greenlight Release

Started by knucracker, November 04, 2013, 10:53:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

knucracker

I am going live later today (most likely) with the Steam GreenLight page.  When I do, I'll announce it everywhere high and low.  But before I put the page up, I thought I would show you what the page will look like... just as a sanity check I've not missed something obvious.  So, see the attached image and let me know if you see something really out of whack.  Note that the image is tall, since the web page scrolls.  So you will have to zoom and and scroll to read it all.

The video at the top is the gameplay trailer, and the other screenshots are the ones available knucklecracker.com.  For the text, I thought it was best to just be very blunt and normal sounding (like I normally talk anyway).

Note that after the page goes live I will probably delete this topic.  I just put this here to get any quick feedback in the next few hours.

kwinse

Looks good to me. Didn't see another mistyped url. (:P)

pawel345

Looks really good, especially the image on the right^^

But the site gives and impression that the game isn't out yet? Is this intentional(you are not allowed to say it's out on your page yet?) or because of something else?

knucracker

I'm just not sure about how to approach that (that it is out).  Right now, anyone who visits KnuckleCracker for the demo or other reasons will quickly see the game is out and for sale here and in other stores.  Now I could also say this explicitly in the description as well.  I could say, "To purchase the game directly from the dev site, visit ...".  If somebody wants to buy from a different store that would become apparent once they visited the buy page here.

I'm not trying to keep it a secret, I just don't want to come off like I'm trying to push game sales through the greenlight page.  Some people do that since they can pick up some sales and exposure just be doing the greenlight page (even if they don't think they will ever get greenlit).

All that said, maybe it does make sense to add a line or two down in the description near the demo saying you can buy it from knucklecracker.com....

pawel345

Well even saying that the game is done already would be cool I think as that would make people more interested in this game instead of hmm looks cool will see when it comes out.

EDIT:

Maybe on the release date just put the release date for CW3 something like:
Out NOW! 02.10.2013
??
And maybe and announcement that 1.04?? version of the game is out? and then add the patches announcements? Then you will not explicitly yell at people come to my site and buy it, but will make it cleat that it's out, anyone who have the demo can simply click the buy now button.

Veldar

In the 2nd paragraph you have a line that reads "Players can built fortifications and stick around forever".  Should that read "Players can build fortifications and stick around forever"?

eduran

Quote from: pawel345 on November 04, 2013, 11:47:46 AM
Maybe on the release date just put the release date for CW3 something like:
Out NOW! 02.10.2013
Agreed on that. "Release date: Fourth quarter 2013" sounds like it isn't even out yet.

knucracker

I've updated the image in the top post with a revised version.  I corrected the typo, changed the availability text, added a OST download announcement, and added a few lines in the description about being able to buy it and what is up and coming.

pawel345

Michionlion

Looks awesome V, definitely not something I would say 'No' to.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Grauniad

Oh man. The hoops those people make one jump through.

I've had to do browser verification, now there is a 15-day cooldown period??

And besides, I can't vote unless I already made a monetary transaction on Steam.

I'm starting to remember why I don't like these online gaming sites...

A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Michionlion

I had no problem voting, and the last time I bought something on steam was 2 years ago... And also, stop hopping your post around, I had to delete 2 different comments! xD
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Grauniad

A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Grabarz19

Quote from: Grauniad on November 04, 2013, 02:55:47 PM
And besides, I can't vote unless I already made a monetary transaction on Steam.
Well that kinda makes sense, it's a preventive measure to counter spam-voting. A lot of Steam's features are locked until you make at least one purchase (even smallest purchases count if I'm not mistaken). People used to feed off a lot of holiday/Christmas special events by creating fake accounts to maximize their rewards.

As a 3 year Steam user I don't have any severe problems with the service and am looking forward to my Steam key of CW3 :)