Guppy Help

Started by PaulG, October 22, 2013, 07:42:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulG

Can someone help me with guppies?

I have them moving between islands and powering networks - all fine.  What I cannot do/understand is how to transport ore.

I had my main base on island A and tried to transport ore to island B to no avail. I then tried bring back ore from remote island C to main base A - but no joy.

I presume I'm missing something?!

4xC

Build a guppy pad on th network that your ore mine(s) are connected to. Click on the pad, then select "Ore" under the list of resources to transport. Tell it to land so that it coenncts to the network with your CN(s) and the guppy will deposit the ore.

You might want to select "ore" before your new guppy is built so that no packets go into its cargo.
C,C,C,C

Grauniad

Ore will be loaded to the base - the Guppy can then transport the ore to a location connected to a CN.

Here is a simple scenario that may help you understand.

Two islands: Base Island and Ore Island.

Build a guppy on Base Island (BI) and use that to transport energy to Ore Island (OI). Construct an Ore MIner and a new Guppy on OI. Tag the guppy base on OI for Ore and set its target anywhere that the BI network reaches,

Now you will be able to transport ore from OI to BI. THe BI energy guppy will not be needed for continuing operation of the ore transport network.

Note that the Ore Guppy cannot unload if there is no room in the CN's storage for additional ore. In that case it will just sit there and wait until space is available for it to unload.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

PaulG

Ah-ha!

Thank you very much to you both :)

4xC

And remember: there's a bug in the ore guppy.

It prevents the "stop resupply" button from working on it. It works on packet mode though.
C,C,C,C