Bug with Creeper World 3 - ignored digitalis

Started by purpleyukari, October 05, 2013, 09:28:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

purpleyukari

I would like to report a bug with creeper world.  If digitalis is covered by anti-creeper, but is still live, cannons will ignore it and target digitalis further away.  I had a cannon on a power zone on map Prospector Zone S100_95 get its health whittled down for this very reason.

I don't think this is intended behavior.

Karsten75

This is indeed intended behavior. Cannon have two targeting modes relevant to this discussion. Creeper or Digitalis.  Set your cannon to target digi and miracles will happen.

koker93

What Karsten75 is driving at is that there was still creeper in range of the cannon.  So given its setting to shoot creeper first, it shot at that.  You would have to change it to digitalis to get it to shoot at the stuff underneath itself.

DToad

I didn't know you could do set targets. This could be very useful.

Thanks!

steelwing

Quote from: DToad on October 06, 2013, 06:58:23 PM

Thanks!

Yup, I made heavy use of that ability in Egos:Lemal, especially around the Forge.
Spoiler
The way I did it, I worked my way around the cross with the Forge in it using two or three pulse cannons.  I placed a Digitalis-targeted cannon right beside each Digitalis entry-point into the cross.  Once the interior of the cross is isolated from the Digitalis, the rest is easy.  The hardest part of that area of the Lemal map is killing the emitter on the far side...and even that is made easier when you have the cross interior Digitalis free.  Plant a mortar inside the cross near the emitter's rear and... 8)
[close]

Cavemaniac

Quote from: DToad on October 06, 2013, 06:58:23 PM

Thanks!

Wait 'til you get to the Alpha sector - my map Leapfrog will teach you all about PC targeting!
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.