Creeper World 3

Started by Ebon Heart, March 30, 2012, 07:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weekendgamer

Quote from: virgilw on March 31, 2012, 09:13:41 PM
5:Those are Reactors and Collectors in the screen shots.  These were two things that worked out really well in CW1, so my plan is to bring them back.  You don't see network lines between structures in the screen shots since I've not implemented those parts yet.

Will it be "just" the networks or will it be some sort of a combination? Something along the lines of beacons that allow wireless paths to an extent but cost a bit more than network paths to maintain?
Sorry for the late replies.

lich98

well the network path cost nothing in CW1 but the becons required a steady stream of energy I supose both could be used.
I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known.
-Walt Disney
This is like deja vu all over again.
-Yogi Berra

Karsten75

Quote from: weekendgamer on April 01, 2012, 08:32:19 AM
Will it be "just" the networks or will it be some sort of a combination? Something along the lines of beacons that allow wireless paths to an extent but cost a bit more than network paths to maintain?

This is the kind of thing that Virgil may not even have decided yet.

He spent an awful long time porting the creeper flow to Unity and was very happy with the performance, it was orders of magnitude faster than AIR.

Then he spent a bunch of time figuring out how to render terrain. And how to give it some "depth" with light effects and something called "beveling."

MadMag contributed some neat unit designs.

And now that he has those - he wrote the blog to give everyone a little taste of more or less what things will look like.

mopa42

I just want to say that CW3 looks fantastic and I'm really excited to play it when it comes out. Honestly, I'd be happy with just CW1 on a larger scale, but it looks like there will be so much more to the game too.
You can even see shadows under the flying units! How cool is that?

What's the Kaboom button for?

Ebon Heart

Quote from: mopa42 on April 01, 2012, 04:08:35 PM
I just want to say that CW3 looks fantastic and I'm really excited to play it when it comes out. Honestly, I'd be happy with just CW1 on a larger scale, but it looks like there will be so much more to the game too.
You can even see shadows under the flying units! How cool is that?

What's the Kaboom button for?
It's probably an insta-win developement button. :P
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

Nemoricus

Quote from: virgilw on March 31, 2012, 09:13:41 PM2: My plans right now are to eliminate 'ore' and move straight to producing AntiCreeper (or other variants...) directly from the Rigs.  This will stream line the process and eliminate the middle man.  It does mean that you have to handle the AntiCreeper as it is produced and conduct it to storage tanks via pipelines.   But, I think this will be cooler and more interesting.  This is one of the potential additions to the game that I'm really excited to play with.

4: Yes.  Along with drag selection, double click selection, and shift-click to add/remove units from groups.

2. Would these pipelines be incorporated into the regular network? Or would it be a separate one? Either way, seems interesting.

4. Excellent!

And to Karsten75: It seems I missed that particular feature.

mpete

Nemoricus: you do ctrl-# and shift-#
sorry for any misspellings.
signed,mpete

Echo51

Is the unity player required to play the game, or will it be bundled as a stand-alone?
Join the chat! :D
- The only echo present here...

knucracker

The game will definitely support standalone.  It will be a game you can download for Windows or Mac.  It will support full screen and windowed modes and you can fiddle with things like screen resolution.  I _may_ also make a version that is web playable via the Unity Web player.

In other words, when you get the desktop game you won't know anything at all about unity.  It will just be a regular game that installs like any other application.

Amram

I like the looks of it, and the bigger maps!  thats been one of my gripes for a while now

Echo51

Web playable would require a login to your site for the full version, and i assume you *might* make a few teasers/demo's for kongregate too?
Join the chat! :D
- The only echo present here...

knucracker

Yeah, there will definitely be a 'training sim' equivalent for at least kongregate and knucklecracker.  My hope is that one or more other popular portal will start accepting unity web player based games (kongregate already does).

I am considering allowing people to store their save games (optionally) online.  If so, then having a web based version of the full game could be convenient since you could more easily play it on some other system.  In this case there would be online accounts.  All of this would be optional, though.

Mr.H

Creeper world 3 sounds amazing :D .

Will there be more multiplayer items, e.g. coop, in which two players both control command centres and setup networks at different parts of the maps and work together against the creeper. Or rival, in which tow players both build networks but they have two enemies the other player and the creeper; thus they could assault the opponent as they would the creeper, could do well since humans have a naturual tendency to fight amungst one another even in the future. And perhaps the more complicated human-controlled creeper vs player-controlled human.

Also i'd love to see more aliens then just the humans and stylk , it's a big galaxy after all ;)

Oh and a proposal you may want to consider
Spoiler
Good evening/morning/night/afternoon
You are now reading my signature...
Stop reading IT!

Karsten75

Quote from: Mr.H on April 22, 2012, 11:24:54 PM
Creeper world 3 sounds amazing :D .

Will there be more multiplayer items,

No. Not saying never, because never is a long time, but don't hold your breath (or do, it's yours to hold anyway. :))

knucracker

Yeah, the multiplayer concepts I am most interested in providing are asynchronous in nature.  Things that allow interaction... possibly even working together, but don't require being online at the same time.