Custom Map: Interplanetary Spore Launcher

Started by AutoPost, July 23, 2020, 10:22:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map: Interplanetary Spore Launcher

Author: Blackstripe

Desc:
"Commander! Coordinates for one of the Creeper's Interplanetary Spore Launchers has been discovered! Deploy Immediately before it can fire again!"

A Race against the clock map. You'll have a bit of time before the Spore's Core starts to overload with Creeper, so use your time wisely.

Blackstripe

Holy crap~!  How are you guys beating it in under 4 minutes?

cvtfwlbt

Well, it says in the description: "A Race against the clock map... use your time wisely" so...  ;D thank you for the two maps!

Blackstripe

I just submitted a 3rd!  More will be coming.  I really love making maps for games.  A couple of my SC2 maps made it into Blizzard's Featured Playlists.

Builder17

Quote from: Blackstripe on July 24, 2020, 12:27:26 AM
A couple of my SC2 maps made it into Blizzard's Featured Playlists.

If you don't mind me asking, how long does it take to create good SC maps?

Blackstripe

For me, creating the base layout for it is the easy part, which is what CW1's entire thing is.  Just the shape/layout.  So I could make 3-4 maps a day. 

But for SC2 adding in the resources, plotting routing, figuring out if I want it symmetric or asymmetric, and where I want things like the vision towers or other gizmos...  then making it pretty, adding cosmetics, pathing blocking boulders, etc, and balancing it for multiplayer...  I'd spend about 3 days.