Building buildings before the game starts (bug)

Started by Siccles, January 04, 2010, 02:05:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siccles

but will it still be possible to submit scores with earlier than the latest patch version? if yes it would result to nothing at all (and even if it would, they could just replay the map and finish it and submit the old cheated score if it isnot purged)

Aurzel

he's right it would need to overwrite the previous scores which probably a lot of people wont be happy about

TheBuilder

just cause i want to be a cheater for the time the bug has left, how did u place/build units before the textbox appears?
i paused the game before the textbox appears and I cant place any buildings, dont know if i need to use teh number pad or if it dont matter?

Seriously how did u do that?
Not even death can stop the truly determined.

I told them, "I want to add to the world."
They said, "Then learn how to use the editor."
I asked, "What is the editor?"
They said, "Life."

Siccles

since it will be fixed anyway, I doubt it would hurt if I tell you:

start a map, while in the loading screen press p (for pause) if you did it right (and not too early) you will see a kinda grey and darkened out map. Now check if the buildings in the lower left are alight or dark, if they are dark press p 2 times very fast after another. Now check if they are alight again, and if not, repeat the hitting of pp.

Once they are alight, set down any buildings you want and then unpause (text should appear now)

Now wait till all the buildings are complete and then close the textbox

TheBuilder

They said, "Life."

TheBuilder

to make it easier,

Press pause as soon as u see the mission loading screen,
though i dont know wat u mean by a darkened map, all i see is a black screen with mission loading in the middle

They said, "Life."

Aurzel

guess i did it wrong, what i did is kept pressing 1 as fast as i could till the txt box came up and then started placing stuff and they built normally with packets though the emitters werent emitting yet until after i closed the box

Karsten75

Dang, and I can't manage to do it. Any particular map that this works on?

ETA: I'd like to beat Xylnala's Oh Snap map w it.... :)

Dranar

It works in the game. Just click on any map in story mode and keep pressing 1 as fast as you can.
The Reactor - The Reactor of all Reactors

Kalistos

Plz in Next version. Rewrite, or clear score Leaderbord. I was in 1 place. ANd all my scores are legit )

DarthVader12

Kamron3

creeper killer

LOL iM PLAYING ON A OLD VERSION AND WHEN i PAUSED THEN CLICKED AWAY THE TEXT BOX THE PLAY AND PAUSE BUTTON GOT FREAKIN MIXED UP! LOLOLOLOL
Quoteyou will be assimilated into the herd, resistance is futile
(picture's too big :( )
just though I'd let you guys know :)

JACKL

Virgil,is there anyway to reset those highscores?
Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poke me in the ribs and cackle, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.

knucracker

Scores from the older versions of the game don't go into the new high score tables.  The old score tables are still there, though.  I may eliminate them over time...