Main Menu

hidden totems

Started by wessew, July 21, 2010, 01:47:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wessew

does anyone know how to hide totems within a map

i noticed on advanced training simulator  a piece o cake the totems were off the screen does anyone know how to do this so i can make some maps like this for me
Fish all day sleep all night

UpperKEES

This is possible due to a bug and maps with out of bounds items won't get approved any more (that ATS map was a test to see whether people would like it). Apart from that it won't probably be possible to do so after the final version has been released.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Karsten75

I will not approve any maps with units off the screen.

wessew

Blaze

How do you even put stuff off-screen?
It's not like I'm going to put anything off-screen, I just want to know.

wessew

click game objects coose special tech or structure to choose what you want and then customize and put on the screen

Blaze

Quote from: wessew on July 22, 2010, 01:28:55 AM
click game objects coose special tech or structure to choose what you want and then customize and put on the screen

Sorry, what?

wessew

have someone else say it i suck at explaining just click game objects select the icon you want and put it on the screen

UpperKEES

Let's not discuss this please, because these maps won't get approved anyway. Would you like to play a map that you can't finish to find out after a few hours that some mandatory items are off screen and invisible?

Karsten75

Quote from: UpperKEES on July 23, 2010, 08:33:38 AM
Let's not discuss this please, because these maps won't get approved anyway. Would you like to play a map that you can't finish to find out after a few hours that some mandatory items are off screen and invisible?

It's not a problem, since all maps have to now have a completion score.

To put something off-screen,click on a similar object on the map, then move your cursor off the map and press the space bar. Watch the map co-ordinates at the top of the map editor window, when they are active you are in a position that you can place an object. Works better to the right and the bottom than to the left and the top. Note that once you have illegally placed something on the right, you cannot find it to delete it, so your map will be messed up permanently.

UpperKEES

Quote from: Karsten75 on July 23, 2010, 08:56:27 AM
It's not a problem, since all maps have to now have a completion score.

??? What's the problem completing a map when you know where the hidden items are?

Good luck approving!  :P

SPIFFEN

Theres no problem to make an score when you know about the things that are off the map ,
if it has been made correctly .

So when you give info about how to do it , might give you much more work ,
so i recomend you to edit or delet your post with the info K75 .

I'm one of the few who has gotten an map with this accepted ,
but that map is'nt an puzzel to solwe and doesnt inflick the gameplay much .
But it was'nt the Totems that where hidden =P

Edit : I can't find the map , so it might have been deleted =P
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links