Creeper World.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close...

Started by coachjc, July 21, 2010, 06:15:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coachjc

I'm getting the above error after trying to run the game.
(The full version - purchased)

I've un/reinstalled Creeper World, as well as Adobe AIR.

I've also uninstalled Creeper World, then did the "run the .air file directly" method.

I encounter Windows error whenever I try to run the game.
(I played the full demo yesterday...but I didn't download it...I think I was just playing the online flash version)

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can address this?

The computer I'm trying to run it on is a little older...but it's still above requirements
(Pentium 4/2.4GHz w/ 2 gig RAM)

Does anyone have any ideas on how to address this?...or should I just do a refund?
:(
(I really want to play the full version!)

Thank You,

Jason C.

knucracker

What version of Adobe AIR do you have installed?  This page has instructions on how to tell:
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/407/kb407625.html

The only time I've heard of any problems like this are when the AIR installation is messed up, or there are some permission issues with the account you are logged in as.  As in you installed the app with admin rights but are running it in a restricted account.

I would uninstall AIR, reboot, then install AIR, then Creeper World.  If that doesn't work then you could try some other AIR app (tons are available here: http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/marketplace/index.cfm?event=marketplace.home&marketplaceid=1 )

I'll bet if CW doesn't work, then none (or most) of these won't.  If you still have problems after getting rid of AIR, rebooting, and then reinstalling just mail me here [support at knucklecracker.com].

coachjc

I have the newest version of AIR...but I did discover the problem...

Well...maybe I don't know what was causing it...but I had restarted the machine and the game now works.
:)
(and after restart logged on here and see your VERY fast reply...awesome customer service!)

So if anyone has un/reinstalled both Creeper World & Adobe AIR and it's still not working...try a good 'ol reboot.
:)

To YOUR Ultimate Success,

Jason Cardamone

Blaze

Quote from: coachjc on July 21, 2010, 06:35:50 PM
(and after restart logged on here and see your VERY fast reply...awesome customer service!)

While making another game too.
Isn't he awesome?

ontheworld

Quote from: coachjc on July 21, 2010, 06:35:50 PM

just luck that he was here at that moment my friend

Echo51

I hear rumours Virgil W has a brain implant allowing him to reply from anywhere at any time :o
Join the chat! :D
- The only echo present here...

Echo51

Join the chat! :D
- The only echo present here...

ontheworld

SPIFFEN

PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

Blaze